[Update for 1.0 PR] Super Drag and Go

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
klarsen

Post by klarsen »

Directional dragging is not working for me for text, only for links. Is there any way that we can have this modified to work for both? I believe it did in a previous version.

Post by 8394147 »

This is an awesome add-on! However... I think you should make this thing have a dual function. Right now, if you highlight and drag URLs, the URL opens in a new tab. But if you highlight and drag a plain word, it opens a blank tab. I have a better idea:

URLs (anything text has www. or http:// at the beginning or ends in .com, .net. .edu, etc.) would open as a new link when you highlight and drag it. But anything in plain text would open as a Google search when you highlight and drag it. (People could choose a default search engine beside Google, if they wanted, I suppose.) I think that would be immensely helpful!
Merlyel

Post by Merlyel »

8394147 \
But if you highlight and drag a plain word, it opens a blank tab

One problem - upon dragging plain word it starts search of it word in selected or default search engine :) Just what you want. Looks like you've installed not fx2 version of extension to fx2 or vice versa :)

Post by 8394147 »

Wait, what? You can already do automatic googling with DragAndGo? How?

I've got Firefox 2.0.0.3 and SuperDragAndGo 0.2.6. Explain this to me! I don't know what "not fx2" means.

Post by 8394147 »

Oh goodness. I did a little looking around and found the version that searches. Thanks so much! I must've got the old version, but it said it was compatible with ALL version of Firefox. That was a lie.
Lost User 267224

Post by Lost User 267224 »

SuperDragAndGo 0.2.6.2 can't work with fx3.0alpha4
Merlyel

Post by Merlyel »

What's the reason for making it work? There still can be changes in fx API so after making it work in alpha4 it still may not working in alpha5. So wait at least for beta.
Lost User 267224

Post by Lost User 267224 »

just because bug 372210,same problem in tmp and dragdego
soniku007

Post by soniku007 »

i have the modified version of super drag and go that code65536 made but when i drag links that opens in new tabs, the new tab steals focus. Is there anyway to make them not steal focus?
gunpowda

Post by gunpowda »

I have unchecked all the 'load in foreground' options, so both my dragged searches and links open in the background. But there's a bug with Super Drag and Go:

- If you click on a link and drag not very far, so you don't move the focus box away from the link itself, the link will open *both* in the foreground (as though you'd clicked the link normally) *and* in the background, so you'll have two tabs open for the same link.

Is there any way of fixing this?
usernames_r_always_taken

Post by usernames_r_always_taken »

hello, i'm using 0.2.6.2 and firefox portable 2.0.0.6
your plugins is a very helpful tool and saved me a lot of time!
thank you for that :-)

but on this page, your plugin does not work (saves not, maybe because the filename?)
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Lost%20Trea ... 9kc3BlY3M-
maxtofa

Post by maxtofa »

Many thanks for your work...
An idea...
Could the extension be modified so that if you drag what you have selected in different directions it does different things?

Example:
Drag Right -> Search in google or open in new tab a link (as it is now)
Drag Left -> Search in google with the define: operator prepended
Drag Down -> Search the word selected in wikipedia
Drag Up -> Search in one of the available search engines of the search bar (maybe it could be possible to assign operation to the direction in the settings)

Other desirable operations could be:
translation of the page in another language.... (sorry but english is not my main language and i find myself using translation services on the web often)
etc...
usernames_r_always_taken

Post by usernames_r_always_taken »

hello,
while your extension is working on all pages, it is not working here:
http://www.buha.info/board/showthread.php?t=51973
i'd tried to drag the logo in the upper left corner "M buha.info", but it doesnt work anyhow.
i tried it on this site (mozilleZine logo at the nearly same position) and it worked.
any idea?
cheers
irkregent

Post by irkregent »

Now that Firefox 3 has gone into beta, is there any intention to update Super Drag and Go to work with FF3?
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

irkregent wrote:Now that Firefox 3 has gone into beta, is there any intention to update Super Drag and Go to work with FF3?

Same question. Anyone know of any other extension that does the same thing and works with FF3? I love this extension and don't want to downgrade to FF2.