firefox keeps reloading

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
gazzajackesme

firefox keeps reloading

Post by gazzajackesme »

can someone please tell me when i try to log into my yahoo mail .the log in page keeps reloading.i didn't have this problem before today.
webduck

I am having the same problem.

Post by webduck »

I am having the same problem when I log into PayPerPost. I don't have a solution, but it kind of made me feel better to see that it isn't just me having a problem with reloading. ;) It doesn't happen when I use IE7, so it seems to be a Firefox issue?

I wonder if this started right after they did the upgrade to the latest FF ?
You are always welcome at <a href="http://www.ipentimento.com">
iPentimento</a> and my other blog <a>Pentimento</a>. If you like what you see, please subscribe! Thanks for visiting!
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Try:
Clear the cookies ('problem' site(s) only): Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Clear the cache: Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cache: "Clear Cache Now"
webduck

Post by webduck »

dickvl, I tried your solution, but it didn't make any difference. Thanks very much for trying to help.
iPentimento</a> and my other blog <a>Pentimento</a>. If you like what you see, please subscribe! Thanks for visiting!
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

webduck

Post by webduck »

I believe this is an add-on conflict, and what I did was log into FF in safe mode to see if it resolved the problem. It did. So, I went back and disabled the add-ons that were newest (one especially I think was the culprit was eQuake Alert; good add-on but...) and the reloading problem seems to have been resolved. Hope so anyway. If not, I will be back to this forum. :) Thanks to everyone who offered advice and help.
RJS01

Re: firefox keeps reloading

Post by RJS01 »

I get the same problem Yahoo also. I've tried the cookie solution, disabling all my add-ons to no avail. It doesn't happen every time I visit the site but it happens enough so that it is an annoyance. The problem is especially annoying when I am composing an e-mail or replying. Because the page is reloading there is a delay between keystrokes and the display. It kind of reminds me of the old 300 baud days of dialup connections.

Firefox ver. 3.5.2
WIN XP Pro SP3
SK.

Re: firefox keeps reloading

Post by SK. »

Please don't attempt to resurrect such an old thread - the version(s) of Firefox being discussed there, are quite ancient. Please start a new thread.

Locking.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13