font gets reset after inserting bullets or pasting image

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
dfelicia

font gets reset after inserting bullets or pasting image

Post by dfelicia »

Guessing this is a bug... hoping for a work-around.

When composing an HTML message, the selected font is changed to "Variable Width" after inserting a bulleted list, or after pasting an image from the clipboard. It's pretty annoying b/c the composition window doesn't display the font differently - it *looks* like your still composing with your desired font, but in fact it was reset. The only indicator is the font selection drop-down.

Steps to re-create:

* Set preferences so that default composition format is HTML
* Set default font to something (like Verdana/small)
* Compose new HTML message
* Type some text
* Click toolbar button to insert bullets
* Type some more text, end the list, more text, etc.

All of the text added after from the bullets onward is reset to "Variable Width." If your display font is the same as your default composition font, and I'd guess for most it is, you won't have much in the way of a visual indicator that things changed; only the font selection drop-down changes. The result when an Outlook user reads your mail? The intro to your mail is Verdana, 10pt, and the bulleted list and all that follows is Times 12pt.

Using an HTML template does not help. Known bug? Any work-around? I'm using 2.0.0.9.
mlavelle

Post by mlavelle »

This problem has been bugging me for years. Of course I never see the problem within Thunderbird but my associates, who generally use Outlook, complain about my weird fonts on a regular basis.
Mike Lavelle
dfelicia

Post by dfelicia »