keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mpromber

Post by mpromber »

Works now. For some odd reason, my Greasemonkey stopped working for me, so I did a clean new install of Firefox (deleted user profile) and installed keyconfig from the source I gave above, no hiccups and it works.
fire&ice

Post by fire&ice »

To make keyconfig compatible with later versions of Firefox.

Download keyconfig.xpi from http://mozilla.dorando.at/.

Rename to keyconfig.zip

Extract to a directory

Open install.rdf

Find <targetApplication><rdf>
<id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</id>
<minVersion>1.5.0.6</minVersion>
<maxVersion>2.0.0.3</maxVersion>
</rdf></targetApplication>

Replace the 2.0.0.3 with 2.0.0.99 or similar.

Rezip up into a zip file (make sure that the root is the directory that contains chrome/ components/ etc.)

Rename to keyconfig.xpi

Drag into firefox

Install
ekbworldwide

ff 2.0.0.11 compatibility problem

Post by ekbworldwide »

I'm using keyconfig 20060828.1 Is the newest version of keyconfig 20060828.1?

Is the newest version of keyconfig to be found here (?):
http://mozilla.dorando.at/

I just installed ff 2.0.0.11 - It disabled keyconfig

So I used the MR Tech's Local Install add-on to override the incompatibility problem. All it takes is a mouse click and a restart. I've only been using 2.0.0.11 for a few minutes. Will I experience problems?

MR Tech's Local Install
http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/
It's very useful.
mastavic

Post by mastavic »

How weird. After I installed Firefox 2.0.0.11, keyconfig did not work. However, it works now, and I have not even changed anything.
ekbworldwide

Post by ekbworldwide »

MaStAViC wrote:How weird. After I installed Firefox 2.0.0.11, keyconfig did not work. However, it works now, and I have not even changed anything.

That makes no sense to me. I got an incompatibility warning and keyconfig was disabled. I clicked "check for update" and then was none to be found.

And none of the keyboard shortcuts worked. Hmm... maybe I could have just restarted firefox and tried again...
Louise6380

Post by Louise6380 »

I'm using latest trunk with new profile with the fix below. I was able to install and the list of shortcuts are there but I can't add new shortcut to keyconfig. When I open "Key Editor" from "Add a new key" button, pressing "OK" will do nothing. Any idea what's wrong?

It seems it also does not work in 3.0 Beta 1.

thanks

dorando wrote:
irkregent wrote:I'm trying out the trunk builds again (20070530), and found that the list of keys in KeyConfig's dialog is empty. Does anyone have it working on a trunk build?
It seems that in current trunk the "app-startup" doesn't fire, but it should be possible to workaround this by changing

Code: Select all

function keyconfigService() { }
to

function keyconfigService() { this.os.addObserver(this,"stupid-dummy",false); }
in <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile">Profile</a>/extensions/keyconfig@dorando/components/keyconfig-service.js
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

Can keyconfig be updated for Firefox 3. RC1 is out.
It also looks like it will need to be on a secure server or have a signature;
otherwise, not checking for compatibility would probably have worked.
http://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Mossop:Fx- ... teSecurity
dorando

Post by dorando »

DynaBMan wrote:Does anyone have a working keyconfig on the FF 3 beta?
The app-startup issue still seems to be present in the beta (I've had no time to investigate if this is a bug in the core, or a wrong assumption on my side), additionally "Add a new key" broke but should be fixable by replacing

document.createElement
with

gDocument.createElement
in Profile/extensions/keyconfig@dorando/chrome/keyconfig.jar!/content/keyconfig.js

(don't forget to disable extensions.checkCompatibility and extensions.checkUpdateSecurity to actually install/enable it).

unabatedshagie wrote:Is it possible to use keyconfig to make a key that will open a link in the current tab if you have it held down when clicking on a link?
No, but you might be able to create a custom extensions to achieve that by using a blank (.xpi is a .zip) one and pasting following above the </overlay> in overlays/main.xul

<script><![CDATA[

var forceCurrent = {
 onLoad: function forceCurrent_onLoad(){
  eval("handleLinkClick ="+handleLinkClick.toString().replace(
  'case 0:',
  'case 0: if(event.shiftKey && !event.ctrlKey) return forceCurrent.handleLinkClick(event, href); '));
 },
 handleLinkClick: function forceCurrent_handleLinkClick(event, href) {
  var a = gPrefService.getIntPref("browser.link.open_newwindow");
  var b = gPrefService.getIntPref("browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction");

gPrefService.setIntPref("browser.link.open_newwindow",1);
  gPrefService.setIntPref("browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction",0);

loadURI(href, null, null, false);
  window.setTimeout(forceCurrent.reset,0,a,b);

event.stopPropagation();
  event.preventDefault();
  return true;
 },
 reset: function forceCurrent_reset(a,b){
  gPrefService.setIntPref("browser.link.open_newwindow",a);
  gPrefService.setIntPref("browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction",b);
 }
}

window.addEventListener("load", forceCurrent.onLoad, false);

]]></script>
. This assumes that you wanted to force links that would normally open in a new window to open in the current tab, but note that it won't work always. The example code hijacks Shift+Click on links but not if the Ctrl key is down (the 'event.shiftKey && !event.ctrlKey' ), available modifiers are altKey, ctrlKey, shiftKey, metaKey (not usable on Windows).

antonyb wrote:I'd like to assign a key in Thunderbird to cycle through my "Favourite Folders" while still keeping the Folder List on "All Folders" - i.e. hit the key and the current folder moves to the next in my favourites list, but that folder is highlighted in the "All Folders" view.
The best I can come up with currently is (note that the folders need to be visible for it to work):

const MSG_FOLDER_FLAG_FAVORITE = 0x80000000;

var folderTree = GetFolderTree();
var currentIndex = folderTree.view.selection.currentIndex;

for(i = currentIndex + 1, l = folderTree.view.rowCount; i < l; i++)
 if(folderTree.view.getResourceAtIndex(i).
    QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIMsgFolder).
    getFlag(MSG_FOLDER_FLAG_FAVORITE))
  return folderTree.view.selection.select(i);

for(i = 0, l = currentIndex; i < l; i++)

MaStAViC wrote:
dmfalk wrote:Firefox updated to 2.0.0.10, Keyconfig reported as incompatible.

d.m.f.

The very reason I am at this forum today. Can I do anything about this? keyconfig is one of my three favorite extensions (wish such a feature were built into Firefox). Thanks.
Compatibility information has been updated (actually to 2.0.0.11 now), you likely need to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (ignore the incorrect message at the top, only the one below the extension name is correct).

Note that it is possible to disable compatibility checking by adding a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility' through about:config (can be re-enabled trough the Add-ons Manager).

mpromber wrote:I see it as enabled, but the Preferences button in Add-ons is greyed out, [...]
The keyconfig window is not really a preference window for itself, but rather a Tool for the Application.

mpromber wrote:[...] Ctrl-Shit-F12 brings up an empty keyconfig dialogue box where I can't change anything.
If you previously had an unofficial version installed you might need a workaround to get it to work again.

dmcritchie wrote:Can keyconfig be updated for Firefox 3. RC1 is out.
:-k The newest builds I can find are labeled firefox-3.0b2pre, and 3.0b2-candidates don't seem to be available yet.
antonyb

Post by antonyb »

dorando wrote:
antonyb wrote:I'd like to assign a key in Thunderbird to cycle through my "Favourite Folders" while still keeping the Folder List on "All Folders" - i.e. hit the key and the current folder moves to the next in my favourites list, but that folder is highlighted in the "All Folders" view.

The best I can come up with currently is (note that the folders need to be visible for it to work):

const MSG_FOLDER_FLAG_FAVORITE = 0x80000000;

var folderTree = GetFolderTree();
var currentIndex = folderTree.view.selection.currentIndex;

for(i = currentIndex + 1, l = folderTree.view.rowCount; i < l; i++)

for(i = 0, l = currentIndex; i < l; i++)

That works perfectly! Thanks loads,

Ant.
linpinn

Post by linpinn »

I altered the back and forward keys to arrow left and arrow right ,this works, but the left/right scroll function on my touchpad is now disabled ,in FF only.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks ,Lin
ilwhx

Post by ilwhx »

Is there any dev-build for firefox 3.0 b1/b2 ? it's a Key extension whether I can try the newest trunk build of firefox.
Louise6380

Post by Louise6380 »

@dorando

Thanks!
Now it's working and I can use this great extension again!

dorando wrote:The app-startup issue still seems to be present in the beta (I've had no time to investigate if this is a bug in the core, or a wrong assumption on my side), additionally "Add a new key" broke but should be fixable by replacing

document.createElement
with

gDocument.createElement
in Profile/extensions/keyconfig@dorando/chrome/keyconfig.jar!/content/keyconfig.js

(don't forget to disable extensions.checkCompatibility and extensions.checkUpdateSecurity to actually install/enable it).
phantomx

Troubles with a portable Fx 3.B1 and keyconfig

Post by phantomx »

Hi, Dorando.

I have some troubles making this useful extension work in Fx 3.b1 (I'm using the portable version, if that matters). I already modified the keyconfig-service and added the unofficial-version patch but still the same.

The extension is installed and I can fire it, but the listing is empty. If I click on Add key it seems it does something for a little bit but nothing happens, no visual feedback is given. Any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance.
dorando

Post by dorando »

linpinn wrote:I altered the back and forward keys to arrow left and arrow right ,this works, but the left/right scroll function on my touchpad is now disabled ,in FF only.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks ,Lin
Does the scroll function fail or does it trigger the Back/Forward function instead? Or does it fail after you've pressed the Back/Forward key?

ilwhx wrote:Is there any dev-build for firefox 3.0 b1/b2 ?
Nope, but what Louise6380 has quoted should be all you need to get it working.

phantomx wrote:The extension is installed and I can fire it, but the listing is empty.
Anything in the Tools > Error Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in about:config)?
Louise6380

Post by Louise6380 »

I want to set a shortcut for toggling show/hide of bookmarks and navigation toolbar but I can't find the command. Does anybody know how to do this?

thanks.

@ilwhx
I think you also need, <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3169008#3169008">this</a> in addition to what dorando <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3182658#3182658">mentioned</a> above in order to make keyconfig work with Firefox 3 Beta, given that you have

user_pref("extensions.checkCompatibility",false);
user_pref("extensions.checkUpdateSecurity",false);
in your user.js or created the boolean through about:config.