Firefox inop but konqurer works

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
pboodi

Firefox inop but konqurer works

Post by pboodi »

Hi

I have a problem that no one else seems to have. Firefox wont access the web up on my linux install but konqurer works fine.
I have run into a dead end on thelinux forums.

Here is my setup

computer-Dell 700m
network- intel pro wireless
network- broadcom wired network adapter
router-Dlink DIR-655
linux-Knoqqix5.0

however firefox will access the web when I use a different router (linksys WRT54g

I dual boot the notebook and I should say that windows and firefox work well with the dlink router

thanks

pboodi
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

I would check your Internet connection settings. In Windows the menu would be Tools > Options > Advanced. (I think the menu is slightly different in Linux.)
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

A wild guess: IPv6. You could try disabling it. Look up IPv6 in about:config . Search the Knowledge Base if you need to. If you get stuck, ask.

But wait a minute. It does this with Knoppix? Is that a live CD? Are you sure you have Firefox on that, or is it IceWeasel?

Post by Guest »

Thank you for responding.

Yes it is a hard drive install, and yes it does this with ice weasel too. I have installed firefox and have the problem on that too. I'm looking into ipv6 on firefox. I'll post back

pboodi
steviex

Post by steviex »

Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Network is the correct sequence for Firefox/Iceweasel on Linux.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.

Solved!

Post by Guest »

Ok here is the fix

type about:config in firefox

type ipv6 in the find box

set the disable ipv6 line to true

restart firefox

I imagine the same will work for iceweasel

thanks

pboodi
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

No kidding? That was it? Knoppix uses IPv6, and your router can't handle it?

Re: Firefox inop but konqurer works

Post by Guest »

VanillaMozilla wrote:No kidding? That was it? Knoppix uses IPv6, and your router can't handle it?
Server Not Found appears everytime I try to connect using Firefox shortcut. Can anyone help as it is driving me bananas?
VanillaMozilla

Re: Firefox inop but konqurer works

Post by VanillaMozilla »

On WIndows? Most likely a firewall, but see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites . If you are a different guest and that doesn't work, then you probably need to start a different thread.