MozillaZine

updateInfoURL problems

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
brettz9
 
Posts: 123
Joined: November 5th, 2005, 9:16 am

Post Posted January 14th, 2008, 11:35 pm

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the FF3b2 updateInfoURL to work...

In the install.rdf, I have this:

Code: Select all
<em:updateInfoURL>https://<oursite>/info.php?extversion=%ITEM_VERSION%&amp;locale=%APP_LOCALE%</em:updateInfoURL>


(I don't have any of the hash or key information, but this seems it should be ok since it is over valid HTTPS--and the updateURL is working ok.)

Next, as per the docs, I only have limited XHTML elements and am serving the file above as application/xhtml+xml .

Here's what I'm outputting:

Code: Select all
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head><title>Update Information for the Extension</title></head>
<body>
<h1>Update Information for the Extension, version 0.4.4</h1>
<h2>Changes since version 0.4.3:</h2>
<ul>
   <li>Made install.rdf to work with dynamic update.php and info.php pages</li>
   <li>Added About dialog</li>
</ul>
<h2>Changes since version 0.4.2:</h2>
<ul>
   <li>Allowed to work with FF3b2</li>
   <li>Added favicon retrieval within website pull-down</li>
</ul>
</body></html>


(I removed some @id and @xml:lang attributes as well as an XML declaration just in case (not sure if I can have those?)

The docs don't mention the <html>, <head>, <body>, and <title> tags, but for valid XHTML, these are required (and I tried it without them to no avail too)...

What is wrong here?

thanks,
Brett

pepoluan

User avatar
 
Posts: 12
Joined: June 18th, 2007, 1:44 am
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Post Posted June 6th, 2008, 1:29 pm

Here's mine, and it works:

Code: Select all
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<!-- http://pandu.poluan.info/progs/kaskusmenu/kaskusmenu_2.8.0.xhtml -->
<head>
<title>KasKusMenu - What's New</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>KasKusMenu - What's New</h1>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<h2>What's New - 2.8.1</h2>
<ul>
<li>Localization for id-ID in the KasKusMenu itself</li>
</ul>
<h2>What's New - 2.8.0</h2>
<ul>
<li>Selectable <strong>menusets</strong></li>
<li>Easier to access Options &amp; About</li>
<li>Refactored JavaScript code for <strong>performance</strong>, <strong>maintainability</strong> and <strong>scalability</strong></li>
<li>Released under Creative Commons CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 Unported License, with more permissions available.<br />
( Read the LICENSE.html file for more information, or go visit http://pandu.poluan.info/progs/kaskusmenu/more_permissions.html )</li>
</ul>
</body>
</html>
I'm half-right all the time.
The other half is left.

brettz9
 
Posts: 123
Joined: November 5th, 2005, 9:16 am

Post Posted June 6th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

What happened was that there had been a bug in the wiki docs which stated that the updateInfoURL was in the install.rdf file, as opposed to the update manifest...

Working for me now, thanks... :)

Brett

Return to Extension Development


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest