Option to close current tab on "You are about to close

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
driver342933

Option to close current tab on "You are about to close

Post by driver342933 »

I often forget that I have multiple tabs open, and click the X in the top right hand corner, which brings up the "You are about to close X tabs. Are you sure you want to continue?" windows, with the options to "Close tabs" or "Cancel". I usually press Cancel, and then close the current tab. Is there any way to add an option to this box to the effect of "Close current tab only"? This would be a real convenience for people with bad short term memory like me...
fontwell

Post by fontwell »

Middle click it !

Also Tools> options> tabs> uncheck warn me when closing multi tabs.
v8.0
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

fontwell wrote:Also Tools> options> tabs> uncheck warn me when closing multi tabs.

So he'll be closing Firefox without any warning about closing all those Tabs? I don't think that's what he wants to do.

I do agree with fontwell's recommendation to get in the habit of closing a Tab either with a Middle-click, or by using the provided (in Firefox 2.0) Tab-closure X's on each Tab.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
driver342933

Post by driver342933 »

Or, the best way is to use Ctrl-F4..

.. but that's not the issue. I know how to close tabs, I just often get working with one tab for a bit, and then go to close the browser, forgetting that I have another tab open.. It would be convenient to just press one button on the warning pop up to close that tab and get to another active tab instead of having to hit a button on that message and then manually close a tab to get there.
Aok8ok

Post by Aok8ok »

Maybe you should install an extension and a gadget that will give you a strong but not dangerous electric shock whenever you click the close button and there is more than one tab open.
After a while maybe you'll learn not to forget that you have other tabs open.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

If you are really serious about that being a feature in Firefox, this is the address for feedback to the Mozilla Firefox developers and staff:
http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

Established in 1998, MozillaZine is an independent Mozilla news, community and advocacy site. MozillaZine is not run by the Mozilla Foundation and is not an official part of the Mozilla project. MozillaZine is hosted at the Open Source Lab at Oregon State University.

We can provide answers to support questions, but if you want something changed in Firefox you need to contact Mozilla directly.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
driver342933

Post by driver342933 »

Perfect, I was looking for a site like that earlier.. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks!
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Are you talking about Tabs in the same window or a second Window?

What is your setting here? Tools > Options > Tabs: "Warn when closing multiple tabs"