"X-Imail-SPAM-Connection" in every new email

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mapmg2002

"X-Imail-SPAM-Connection" in every new email

Post by mapmg2002 »

Every incoming email subject line begines with "X-Imail-SPAM-Connection". If I respond or forward, that text goes along with my outgoing mail. I am assuming that it was some spam filter that came with the last Thunderbird upgrade...? It is annoying and obscures the subject lines of my emails, causing me to spend more time determining what is in my inbox in addition to missing some important emails.

How to I get rid of this?

Thanks,
M.A,
SK.

Post by SK. »

Check your anti-virus application. That is not coming from Thunderbird.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
mapmg2002

Post by mapmg2002 »

Ok, thank you.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Thunderbird Support
SK.

Post by SK. »

I did it again, didn't I?
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

:-)
cljone2

x-imail spam header

Post by cljone2 »

This is NOT COMING FROM my antivirus which is F-Prot. It is from Thunderbird and APPEARS to be associated with msn, hotmail, --microsoft related emails.
cljone2

x-imail spam header

Post by cljone2 »

Server response to MAIL FROM:
550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support

Unexpected connection response from server:

undeliverable to *****@msn.com

Server response to MAIL FROM:
550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

If not from any antivirus loaded on your system, then it's from some antivirus on your mail server (or some other mail server that it passed through on it's way to yours).
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

"X-Imail-SPAM-Connection" appears to be the default text added by the spam filtering on an Ipswitch mail server.
Select Prefix Subject with to append a word or phrase to the Subject of messages that are identified as spam. Does not apply if you select to delete a message.The default text is X-IMail-SPAM-Connection, but you can customize it to anything you want as long as it does not exceed 255 characters.

Talk to the folks at your server.

Source: http://www.ipswitch.com/support/IMail/g ... Spam7.html
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers