How do I hide recipient list in Thunderbird?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
lucia

How do I hide recipient list in Thunderbird?

Post by lucia »

Hi: I want to write to several people, but I would like to hide the recipient list from the recipients. How do I do that?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a stupid question. I have tried to figure it out on my own, with no success.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

When you type in the addresses of your recipients, change the "To:" field to the left of the address to "Bcc:", this will make it a "blind copy" and omit these addresses from being listed in the mail itself. Your e-mail will still be delivered to a Bcc'ed address as usual, but just not visible in the received mail.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/BCC
lucia

Post by lucia »

Thank you! I knew it was a stupid question, so thank you for answering!
lucia

Post by lucia »

Thank you! I knew it was a stupid question, so thank you for answering!
Handle With Care

Post by Handle With Care »

lucia wrote:Thank you! I knew it was a stupid question, so thank you for answering!

I only wish more people would ask that question. It would save an enormous amount of junk caused by people pressing Reply All instead of Reply.
AMD A8-3800 APU Radion HD Graphics 2.40 GHz; 64-bit Win-7 SP1 Home Premium w/latest patches; Fx 91.0.1 (64-bit); Tb 92.0B3(64bit)
EFnet oper irc.Prison.NET
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Guess the author of this thread was thinking the same, and there are some ideas for discussion to improve the visibility of the Bcc option. There is also an extension providing a Bcc button.
BAJ1

Post by BAJ1 »

So if you have already created the distribution list as a "List" in T-bird, can you get the same effect by typing the List name into the BCC field of a new message? If not, is there another way to get this same result with an existing List?

Thanks,
-Brad
BAJ1

Post by BAJ1 »

Answered my own question, yes that does work.