[ext] Yet Another Smooth Scrolling

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Phyr_Negator

Post by Phyr_Negator »

This new version is a complete shit.
That damn colour thing always appear when mouse pass over it and there's no way to remove it from status bar.
Is there an option to get preious version?
kataho

Post by kataho »

Hi.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 1.0-fx.xpi
Here is previous version, If you feel unacceptable sickness by recent sudden change of environment, do not hesitate to use this. It's safe. This update is not for security or fixing bugs.

I wouldn't disagree to add options to take statusbar things and context menu things off. But if they items are the things shouldn't be there, how do we switch preset banks quick? The statusbar icon is not for decoration, differ from other extension putting its icon only for showing its existance, it is for indicating current state of preset.

Should this update be rejected and should I take main release back to previous version and freeze it? How people hate to be added things on status bar? Is there any other way to indicate status of an extension? without getting users against?
Seems I should listen more thinkings.
Phyr_Negator

Post by Phyr_Negator »

Thanks. That'll be great to add option to remove that indicator from status bar. Those who don't care will leave it and those who frequently refer to near-clock quicklaunch could disable it.
kataho

Post by kataho »

Seems you have cmplaint againt popup menu but an icon itself. is that right? If so, option you really want should be for popup menu to stop popping up when just passing mouse over it.
Recall

Post by Recall »

kataho wrote:Hi all.
I'm releasing version 2.0.

Main feature is addition of three preset bank. Thanks to Recall, it's based on his idea. You can quickly change these three with both status bar icon popup and context menu.

and some changes added all based on reviews on AMO and posts above, including Fx3beta support. Thank you for your patience :)

Woo, thanks!

I like the wheel at the bottom, however the right click for me is annoying in context menu as it screws the native rendering in FF3 because of too much text, possible to disable that?

As to the pop up which some seem to not like. Maybe it would be better to have a right click menu? But rather than colours, it actually says fast, medium, slow and disable? To select each profile, you could roll the mousewheel while holding right click, this would make it less intrusive possibly?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
Soul Stealer

Post by Soul Stealer »

Phyr_Negator wrote:This new version is a complete shit.
That damn colour thing always appear when mouse pass over it and there's no way to remove it from status bar.

That was just plain rude. Not to mention foul language is against the rules here.
It's like I said.
kataho

Post by kataho »

Recall wrote:I like the wheel at the bottom, however the right click for me is annoying in context menu as it screws the native rendering in FF3 because of too much text, possible to disable that?

#yass-changepreset-sep,
#yass-changepreset-red,
#yass-changepreset-green,
#yass-changepreset-blue { display:none; }

Simply inserting lines above in your userChrome.css removes context menu stuff.
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit
This page may help editting userChrome.css, if you are new to touch it.

As to the pop up which some seem to not like. Maybe it would be better to have a right click menu? But rather than colours, it actually says fast, medium, slow and disable? To select each profile, you could roll the mousewheel while holding right click, this would make it less intrusive possibly?

I currently use three presets as "almost disabled", "normal smooth", "jumpy". These are not linearly designed. Even between you and I, purpose and name of each preset bank is deffered. It is because I have desided to use colors not numbers or strings that have no designation for scrolling action.

now I am making up my mind that the unusual popup menu behavior is to be made as a standerd behavior.
kataho

Post by kataho »

I registerred new version in preview queue at AMO. You may be able to get it from sandbox already, not sure. Bundled with options to remove annoying things away. And statusbar icon popup menu is now standerd popup menu with label. And if you want to, though it need userChrome.js be installed, you can edit these labels to "Fast","Middle","Slow" or anything you like. So don't be disapointed, Recall :)
Recall

Post by Recall »

kataho wrote:I registerred new version in preview queue at AMO. You may be able to get it from sandbox already, not sure. Bundled with options to remove annoying things away. And statusbar icon popup menu is now standerd popup menu with label. And if you want to, though it need userChrome.js be installed, you can edit these labels to "Fast","Middle","Slow" or anything you like. So don't be disapointed, Recall :)

Awesome! Will keep an eye out for it, also it is still working perfect in FF3 on latest nightly :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Not sure it will be validated. Options in menu "View" do not work. Status bar icon does not appear, even if option is enabled.

Just my advice: I don't think all that options are needed ("View" menu). You should use only one option in menu, just under (or anywhere else) "Hook scrolling with cursor key" which would be named: "use only one simple setting". With that option enabled, red, green and blue tab would be grey and not clickable. Then, we would have the same settings as before, without statusbar icon nor contextual menu.

I hope I'm clear enough.
Alfred Neuman

Post by Alfred Neuman »

The latest version accelerates the up/down arrow keys on the keyboard.
If you hold these keys down, the screen scroll increases to a blur. I went back to the previous version.
Do you often feel that you must be from another planet, or wish you were?
GCG

Post by GCG »

Hi-
YASS has problems running with a Mac version of FX 2. Its prefpane does not display when selected and FX freezes when YASS is used. Could it be a problem with OSX's JAVA support provided by apple? I'm currently using SmoothWheel w/o any problems, but I'd like to try YASS. Hope it will eventually work on the Mac. Thanks.
kataho

Post by kataho »

pirlouy wrote:Not sure it will be validated. Options in menu "View" do not work. Status bar icon does not appear, even if option is enabled.

Have you tried restarting browser?

Alfred Neuman wrote:The latest version accelerates the up/down arrow keys on the keyboard.

New version, same as old version, has a slider for controlling keyboard accelerate scale. You are also able to come back to new version and change keyboard acceleration scale into your favorite. I am using accel scale at 0.76 because my key repeat rate is fast over maximum.

GCG wrote:YASS has problems running with a Mac version of FX 2. Its prefpane does not display when selected and FX freezes when YASS is used. Could it be a problem with OSX's JAVA support provided by apple? I'm currently using SmoothWheel w/o any problems, but I'd like to try YASS. Hope it will eventually work on the Mac. Thanks.

I can say it is perfectly impossible to support Mac without Mac beside me. Anyway could I know what will happen when you open the sample page which link is above of this topic? Just for my intellectual appetite.
I am going to look offline for a friend having mac.
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

It's not the only problem. Leaktest Monitor detects something.
Open two firefox Windows. Close one, et voilà ! Leak Monitor popup.

For statusbar button, it's not a problem, I don't miss it (for now). :P
kataho

Post by kataho »

I can not get it on my environment. Could I see that popup with all tree node opened?