Mac OS X: select boxes ignored when using tab key in forms

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
yarivk9

Mac OS X: select boxes ignored when using tab key in forms

Post by yarivk9 »

Hi,
I am using the latest Firefox on Mac OS X. When I navigate web forms using the tab key, only input boxes will receive focus. Select boxes and other controls will be skipped. Is this a bug or is there a configuration parameter that I should set?

Thanks,
~Yariv

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

I found this and it works

Google search wrote:Even though I turned full keyboard access on in OS X, Firefox would not allow me to tab to form elements besides text fields (i.e. no buttons, drop downs, etc.). If you go to "about:config" in Firefox, you can set the accessibility.tabfocus property. According to the knowledge base, accessibility.tabfocus:

Determines which web page elements can gain focus when [Tab] key is pressed. 1: Text field form controls only 2: All form controls except text fields 3: All form controls 4: Hyperlinks and hyperlinked images 7 (default): All form controls and hyperlinks

I chose 7 as this is the Windows default. Update: In FireFox 1.5, I had to right click in the "about:config" window and manually create the accessibility.tabfocus entry.

I set it up manually and set the integer to 3.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6

Post by Guest »

Thanks Robert, but it still doesn't work even after Firefox Restart. I think this option only applies after installing the add-on "Preferential" but even after installing it there is no change. Have you tried it yourself and it works?

Thanks,
~Yariv
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Yes.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Did you

right click in the "about:config" window and manually create the accessibility.tabfocus entry as an integer and then set the value to 3?

yarivk9

Post by yarivk9 »

That's exactly what I did, but I got it to work now. I had to remove my Firefox profile and essentially install it again.

Thanks for the tip Robert - it is working now :-)

Cheers,
~Yariv
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Your welcome.