undoclosetab 20151105

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Lost User 162649

Post by Lost User 162649 »

thanks for your time mate...i'll guess i will have to live without it for a while...:(
vancod

Broken by "Compatibility Update"?

Post by vancod »

A few days ago I updated my extensions. I do so about once a month. There were maybe 5 or 6 that had updates, didn't really pay much attention to which ones.

Now UnDoCloseTab no longer functions (nor does Duplicate Tab - http://twanno.mozdev.org/) - all each of these extensions do now is generate a blank tag.

This morning I again checked for updates via the "Extensions" tool - and under UnDoCloseTab was a statement that "A Compatibility Patch Has Been Applied to UnDoCloseTab" - unfortunately I did not look at Duplicate Tab to see if it had a similar message, and once I used the button to search for updates the message has not returned.

Any ideas? I really love this extension.....

TIA
Don

EDIT:
Well, looks like it's IE View:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 89#2486489

From the IE View FAQ:
How can I disable the Always-View-in-IE list?

This is generally only necessary in unusual circumstances, such as when other extensions are interfering with IE View, causing bookmarks or links to stop working. TabBrowser Extensions is the usual culprit. As of IE View v1.2.2, you can turn off the always-view-in-IE list, which disables the code most likely to run into conflicts.

To completely turn off this feature, you need to manually add a user preference:

1. Load the about:config screen
2. Right click, select New, then Boolean
3. For the name, enter: ieview.disableForce (case sensitive)
4. For the value, select 'true' to disable all the force-in-IE stuff
5. Restart Firefox
vancod

Post by vancod »

Sadly - the """fix""" from IE View doesn't fix squat....
dorando

Post by dorando »

Have you tried to disable all other extensions and reenable them one-by-one?
vancod

...the culprit is IE Tab.....

Post by vancod »

Sorry - I should have posted up. The issues were due to an updated "IE Tab" extension, NOT IE View (or undoclosetab). Anyone having issues as I was is likely running the "bad" version of IE Tab (which was 1.0.6 IIRC) There's a fixed update now - 1.1.1.1 as of this writing (and seemingly updating every day - rather annoying). See:
http://ietab.mozdev.org/installation.html
halcy

Post by halcy »

Arf, does not work with FF2.0 unfortunately (at least I can't make it work).

Also FF2.0's own Undo close does not work by middle-clicking on the tab bar.

I have to open a contextual menu from the toolbar with right click, navigate to undo and click that. Not very efficient.

I wonder if there is a hidden FF 2.0 switch to modify the middle-click behaviour to work as undoclose on the tab bar?
heraldo

Post by heraldo »

have you looked at the Undo Closed Tabs Button" extension? might be an alternative for you
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=445794
fluid_motion

Post by fluid_motion »

Does anyone know an extension that has Undo Close Tab feature that works in Seamonkey 1.1? Or is there anyway to get this extension to work on it?
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

fluid_motion wrote:Does anyone know an extension that has Undo Close Tab feature that works in Seamonkey 1.1? Or is there anyway to get this extension to work on it?
Hmm "browser.tabs.undoclose.depth" only works on SeaMonkey 1.5a. Sorry.

Phil
dorando

Post by dorando »

fluid_motion wrote:Or is there anyway to get this extension to work on it?
Replacing both

Code: Select all

var oldTab = aTab;
occurrences with

oldBrowser.destroy();
in undoclosetab.jar!/content/undoclosetab.xul should make it work again.
fluid_motion

Post by fluid_motion »

dorando wrote:
fluid_motion wrote:Or is there anyway to get this extension to work on it?
Replacing both

var oldTab = aTab;
occurrences with

oldBrowser.destroy();
in undoclosetab.jar!/content/undoclosetab.xul should make it work again.

Wow, that really worked! Thanks dorando, you're the best. :) Now I am a very happy man. :D
bs7

Post by bs7 »

sorry to bring up such an old thread

but i recently used some anti-spyware software and it messed with my Firefox settings.

Now when i click to restore a closed tab, a tab does open but nothing loads in it

(indeed, even going to 'History>Recently Closed Tabs' does the same)

any ideas at all???

TIA
dorando

Post by dorando »

Anything in the Tools > Error Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=about:config&oldid=26276">about:config</a>)

bs7 wrote:(indeed, even going to 'History>Recently Closed Tabs' does the same)
If the Recently Closed Tabs list isn't empty the built-in "Undo Close Tab" functionality is actually handling it (which is the default behavior unless you've disabled nsSessionStore as per the first post).
bs7

Post by bs7 »

dorando wrote:Anything in the Tools > Error Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=about:config&oldid=26276">about:config</a>)

"Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getBoolPref]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://pdfdownload/content/pdfDownloadOverlay.js :: isFirstPDFDownloadInstallation :: line 773" data: no]"

thanks - if i disable the pdfdownload extension - the problem stops

thanks
gehern123

Re: undoclosetab 20080612

Post by gehern123 »

grasias por su coloboracion en instalar mi originar pagina de mozilla firefox