Youtube videos pausing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Worked like a charm!!

Post by Guest »

Alice wrote:It was also reported in the Adobe Flash forum and the macromedia.players.flash newsgroup that the problem is with the current Flash version 9.0 r115 and that removing that version and installing Flash 9.0 r47 also works; however, this introduces security issues fixed in the current version. Here's a quote from the newsgroup:
Newsgroups: macromedia.players.flash
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:30:26 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: No sound, video stops playing after few seconds

Shancan Wrote: "FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 is causing all sorts of playback
problems; doesn't matter which browser or platform. Try an earlier version of
Flashplayer like 9.0.47.0. and see if that helps. "

Finally an answer that works. Runnin 9.0.47.0 now and it seems to be ok.

I got the version 9.0.47.0 at the "Archived Flash Players available for
testing purposes" page:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... &sliceId=2

Extracted the .47 version and (after uninstalling all flash) ran the windows
installer. Seems to work fine in Firefox now.

I've chaged settings to keep Flash from updating unless I okay it Change your
flash settings by means of the following page:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger02.html

Shancan wrote:

"I don't know why Adobe still has the latest FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 up
there...it's like Free Gas that causes your car to choke and not run right."

Agreed, except it's only cause trouble for me with Firefox, which is about 1/5
of the market (about a third in Europe), so it seems like it would be
thoroughly tested in Firefox.

Anyway thanks ShanCan. I won't upgrade Flash until absolutely necessary unless
they explicitly say they've fixed this issue.

Oh, there is probably some security issue with version 9.0.47.0, so use it at
your own risk.

I had the same problem with my Opera since a while and after applying the old Flash Version everything works like a charm!

Thx a lot for the help! Thaught this frakin`problem would kill me lol!!

Have a great day!
VanillaMozilla

Re: Worked like a charm!!

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Anonymous wrote:I had the same problem with my Opera since a while and after applying the old Flash Version everything works like a charm!

Post by Guest »

I made the post with all the steps I'd taken earlier to fix the problem.

Today I decided to update windows media player to the current version for some reason.. I dunno why, I never use it.

Anyway after restart youtube videos are playing with sound. I don't know if it's a fix or just because I restarted.. will see.
Tarin

Same problem - occasionally

Post by Tarin »

I'm also experiencing this problem, albeit not always. It started since I changed from XP professional to Vista Business (x86), so I thought it was a Vista issue at first.
Only, it doesn't happen all the time. When I start Firefox and directly surf to Youtube, I can view every video without problems. When I first go to a forum-page with a bunch of embedded videos and click on Play there, the video plays for 2 seconds (but without sound), and if I click the video and play it on the Youtube-site the same thing happens.
But I'll try the above fix/downgrade; it's pretty annoying, and I'm way too used to Firefox to (temporarily) switch to IE or Opera.
tryingtohelp

flashutil

Post by tryingtohelp »

dont know if anyone has tried this yet but windows xp users

go to c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\ and theres a file called flashutil.... Run that it should fix everything.

Re: flashutil

Post by Guest »

tryingtohelp wrote:dont know if anyone has tried this yet but windows xp users

go to c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\ and theres a file called flashutil.... Run that it should fix everything.

I'm using Windows XP SP2 and I've tried it, and dind't resolved nothing in my case. Thanks for trying to help anyway....
nursecarmen

Re: flashutil

Post by nursecarmen »

tryingtohelp wrote:dont know if anyone has tried this yet but windows xp users

Well hot damn, it did work for me!
Melodeath

Post by Melodeath »

what exactly does the flashutil do?

Post by Guest »

Melodeath wrote:what exactly does the flashutil do?
For some reason, I was installing the new Flash over and over again, and for some reason, I was getting the two-second play error. All the Flash util did is tell me that a newer version is available, and would I like to install it. I was thinkin, "here we go again", but to my surprise, I ran it, rebooted, and now I can watch videos again. Couldn't tell you why it was any different than the stand alone install, but it has resolved my problem. At least for the moment.
Melodeath

Post by Melodeath »

It certainly changed something on my computer (even though i had 9.0.115 or whatever before), although I haven't tested Youtube issues.
Alice

Post by Alice »

In case it helps:

My C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash folder has two files with "FlashUtil" as part of the name:
FlashUtil9e.exe and NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
...Both file properties describe it as "Adobe Flash Player Helper 9.0 r115". I did a google search for "FlashUtil" and found this:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... &sliceId=2
Flash Player 9 (9.0.28.0) and later.

The utility file FlashUtil.exe is installed with Flash Player 9.0.28.0 and later in the C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash directory. FlashUtil.exe includes functionality required by Windows Vista and by the auto-update notification process. The previous utility (UninstFl.exe) is no longer required by or installed with Flash Player.

The utility is versioned with the control. For example, FlashUtil9b.exe is installed with the control Flash9b.ocx. FlashUtil.exe also contains several options that developers can use to switch between player and debugger versions during testing.

Also this:
The Windows plug-in installer also places a broker application called
NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe in the same directory as the Flash Player Plug-in DLL.
NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe includes functionality required by Windows Vista and by the auto-
update notification process

You could also do a search of Adobe's Macromedia Flash Player forum to see what else you can find out about that utility.
Alice Wyman
4evered

Post by 4evered »

Update Flash player with NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe and FlashUtil9e.exe but nothing has changed, you tube videos is always pausing
pandaking

Post by pandaking »

You can find the previous versions of flash here:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... d=tn_14266

I am also having this youtube video pausing issue. I will let you know if this doesn't work...
pandaking

Post by pandaking »

Yep, follow the link above, extract and install.
Many thanks...
jones172

Post by jones172 »

Sounds like you are getting "choppy reception."
http://www.google.com/search?client=fir ... gle+Search

The problem is caused by a connection which won't put out bytes fast enough. Do you have a dialup connection? Try downloading the file to your drive drive, then playing it back all at once. Or, if you can afford it, get a broadband connection.

Hope this helps.

Tom Jones