Missing URL window in Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Dittohd

Missing URL window in Firefox

Post by Dittohd »

Lately I've noticed that when I surf at some websites, the URL window at the top of the screen that gives the current URL location disappears and is replaced by an extended version of the Google search window.

This makes me nervous and I don't like it because it prevents me from knowing the address of the website I'm presently at. It also prevents me from typing in another address that I wish to surf to from that window.

If I use Internet Explorer, the URL window location moves, but is still visible.

An example of this problem can be seen by going to this address: http://www.dont-marry.com/ and then by clicking on the "Message Board" link at the top of the screen. The URL box at the top of this new window on my computer screen is now missing.

Is there a way to stop this from happening in Firefox?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Works for me. Click on Tools --> Option --> Content and uncheck Javascript. Does it still happen? If not, go back and recheck javascript, click on advance and play with the options until the problem goes away.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."