Lost my Home Page Icon

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
thatfatalkiss

Lost my Home Page Icon

Post by thatfatalkiss »

Hi There,

Been reading some good things about Firefox 3 Beta and was told that it could run happily side by side with my existing installation of 2.0.12, so downloaded and installed it. Both installations do indeed work together, but neither has the Home Page icon available on the Navigation toolbar, and it cannot be added back by customizing the toolbar.

I can't imagine that this would have been removed in v3, but it is even more frustrating that it has removed it from my existing installation as well.

How can I get it back?

Cheers,
trolly

Post by trolly »

The Home button was moved to the bookmarks toolbar in FF 3. Check if it is still there.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
thatfatalkiss

Post by thatfatalkiss »

Aaaah! There it is. Thank you. That'll teach me for never using the Bookmarks toolbar won't it. Just a shame I now don't have a choice if I want to have the Home Button available to me.

Cheers,
Dave
trolly

Post by trolly »

You can drag it back to its previous place. Right click on a toolbar (not bookmarks) chose "Customize" and put the icon back.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
eng601

home icon in 3.0b3

Post by eng601 »

I upgraded my FF 3.0 beta to 3.0b3 yesterday on Mac OSX 10.5. The Home icon is no longer available in the "customize" selections for the toolbars, navigation or bookmarks. When I select "show bookmarks toolbar", I get a horizontal bar above the tabs. "Home" is printed to the far left. That's the only way I can see to access my home page other then from the History menu. I can't change the location or look of this "Home" link. Kind of sucks not to be able to have the little house Home icon in the navigation toolbar where I've enjoyed it for years.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

It could be the problem that Firefox doesn't show favicons on the bookmarks toolbar on a Mac.
Can't you drag the Home text to the navigation toolbar?
eng601

Post by eng601 »

No dice, could not drag the 4 little "Home" letters, but certainly tried! I have been using Firefox on Mac for a year and a half, probably 4 or 5 versions, the latest this beta. I suppose I can't expect perfect performance in beta :-o
trolly

Post by trolly »

For me it works in Windows.
Does not even the drag indicator show up?
eng601

Post by eng601 »

Nope, I put a couple of bookmarks in that bar and can rearrange them, but I cannot move the little "Home" link. It refuses to move from the far left.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

The Home button is not a bookmark, even if it is located on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
It is a normal button and you can only can move it if the View > Toolbars > Customize window in open, just like the buttons on the Navigation toolbar.
eng601

Post by eng601 »

holy cow, that worked. I opened view>toolbars>customize. As before, the home icon was not available in the window that had opened. But then, sure enough, i moved the mouse out of the window and over to the "Home" word in the bookmarks bar and I could move it. I dragged it to the navigation toolbar and dropped it. It promptly turned into the little house shaped icon. Very nice. Now if only that could have been available in the view>toolbars>customize window like it should be....oh well...beta.
trolly

Post by trolly »

In that window are only the buttons not used yet.

Re: Lost my Home Page Icon

Post by Guest »

I lost my home page icon and my arrows. I don't know where to even find this bookmark. Not even sure what mozilla i am using. Please help!
LIMPET235

Re: Lost my Home Page Icon

Post by LIMPET235 »

Would you please start a new thread, stating your problem & leave these oldies to R.I.P.

Thank you.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)