[Ext] Tab Kit 0.5.7 (2009-07-06)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
PAStheLoD

Post by PAStheLoD »

I was experiencing a problem with opening links. Any link with target="_blank" caused Minefield to open a new window instead of a new tab. (I've the option set in the menu to open links in new tab.) Maybe this is unrelated to Tab Kit, so I'll keep using it and let's hope it was something else :)
PAStheLoD

Post by PAStheLoD »

Ok, I catched the little bugger in the act. Opening links from external applications like Thunderbird causes Minefield to open a new window.
DavidRegev

Re: I'm back!

Post by DavidRegev »

Jomel wrote:This is taken almost directly out of Tab Kit, so I may have left in some irrelevant stuff, though I think it's reasonably clean.

Any chance something was left out? I’ve found a bug, but I don’t know if it occurs in Tab Kit or only in the snippet. Activating a rocker gesture while hovering over a link usually does not work. Rather, the left-click takes precedence. From some testing, it appears that the gesture does work when the previous/next page is already in the fastback cache. (Edit: Thus, it seems the problem is that normal left-click still occurs in addition to, and right after, the gesture.) I hope this helps track down the issue. Thanks.
Last edited by DavidRegev on November 22nd, 2007, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leak

Re: I'm back!

Post by Leak »

Jomel wrote:
neoborn wrote:5. The scrollbar feature for tabs is it the same one as Tab Browser Preferences etc?
Um, there isn't actually a scrollbar feature. Though I could add one if it would make people happy.

Well, it was the killer feature from Too Many Tabs! (remember that one? ;)) for me, so here's another request for it - I very much miss easily zooming through all tabs with the mouse...

np: Gebrüder Teichmann - 606 The Number Of The Beat (The Number Of The Beat)
Steven Avery

blank space, empty rows not collapsing

Post by Steven Avery »

Nice extension.

I have a blank space for the 2nd and 3rd and 4th row when I only have one row open (ie. all rows other than the first are there as blank rather than collapsing upwards, tabs on top). Apparently, once I get to the 2nd row it straightens out and the real estate comes back. (I can send a pic if that will help with the names of other extensions).

btw, does either Firefox or TabKit have an unclose feature for the last tab ?

Shalom,
Steven Avery
Leak

Re: blank space, empty rows not collapsing

Post by Leak »

Steven Avery wrote:btw, does either Firefox or TabKit have an unclose feature for the last tab ?

I've used the Tab Clicking Options addon to make a middle click into empty space on the tabbar (or the close button on the right) undo the last close tab command(s). It works fine in conjunction with this addon... :)

np: Denzel + Huhn - Dorian (Paraport)
wooger

Post by wooger »

Great extension - I've finally been able to replace tab mix plus and the Vertigo extension. Almost every feature is working great for me now, after some issues with the old version of tab kit.

I've discovered a bug in version 0.3 - The extension will stop working entirely for me whenever I set the sidebar panel to be shown along the right hand edge of the window - I always have the tab bar set to be on the left.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.10 , running on Windows XP SP2.

I await a Firefox 3.0b2 compatible version so I can start testing that.
george27

Post by george27 »

"george27 wrote:
Is it possible to get tab groups to open in all new tabs? Everytime I open a group of bookmarks the focus tab is loaded with a new page and the others to it's right. Is it possible to get the group to open next to the focused tab and not overwrite it? tia

Yes, if you middleclick (press the wheel on a scroll mouse) these they will open in new tabs (this is the same behaviour being introduced for Firefox 3). Unfortunately I'm not sure there's anything you can do if you don't have a middle mouse button / scroll wheel. "

Boy I'm late in this too!

The "open all in tabs" in the bookmarks doesn't work on middle click. In this respect your extension works better in Netscape 9 than in FF2. Clicking Jomel in Netscape will open the group of book marks to the far right if the options>tab in the bookmarks, history, etc... setting is set to "new tab." Netscape 9 has better tab controls at the moment than FF2. When opening a folder of book marks in FF2 the active tab is always overwritten. Even if you middle click a single bookmark it opens next to the active tab and not to the far right of the group. Middle clicking a link in the will open it at the far right.

I'm grateful for your work Jomel just wish it would work as well in above respect in FF as it does in Netscape.
closetpacifist

Post by closetpacifist »

Hello!

Thanks for the extension! I've been looking for something to let me group my tabs and get a handle on them for a while, and this extension seems to fit the bill. Unfortunately, I've encountered a problem. I had it set up and working great, but then I installed the all-in-one-sidebar extension and restarted FireFox (I think for the first time since installing TabKit) and since then the multi-line tab bar and the tab bar position settings don't work at all, along with a few other random things like dragging tabs into tab groups.

Any ideas what could have caused that?

Also, a question: I've seen mentions of a sidebar, but not how to open it; is there a key command or something?

Nice job!
closetpacifist

Post by closetpacifist »

Huh; so it turns out my problem was only happening with my session-restored window. New windows worked great, so I just bookmarked all my tabs and reopened them. I guess it was either just a one-time thing where the restore somehow got corrupted or a bug fairly specific to my tabs; will have to see if it happens again. Either way, it's not a show stopper.

Only suggestion I have is maybe some way to select a tab group's color. I get used to each subject-based group being a certain color so it throws me off a little when I have to regroup them and they end up a different one.

So, thanks for allowing my tabs to have some degree of sanity; before I always felt like my my life wasn't quite in order when I couldn't see them all at once. :)
Wizard-mag

Post by Wizard-mag »

Thank you very much Jomel for the new version and for the feedback.

By now I simply cannot imagine my browsing without Tab Kit. Really do I love it.
llama_thumper

Post by llama_thumper »

i would really love to see this extension work with FF beta 3 - tab grouping is something i've wanted for a long long time and keep looking for, but none of the other major browsers supports this - not IE7, not Opera (which is generally good at tabs)...

theres loads of forum posts out there with people asking for this, if you could make this work with the newest firefox i'm sure it would be greatly appreciated....
MerpDerp

Post by MerpDerp »

Is there any way to enable the close button to be show on each tab and also have a button at the end of the taskbar?
deadman36g

Post by deadman36g »

I would like to suggest 3 features (all from Tab Mix Plus)

1. I would like it so that when I close a tab it will switch to the last one I was viewing instead of the of the one furthest right.

2. I would like to see a progress bar inside the tab

3. I would love to see the abilty to hover over a tab for a set amount of time, and the tab be automatically selected.
PAStheLoD

Post by PAStheLoD »

Any plans on a FFx 3 compatible version? Or just a separate "multi-row tab bar" extension?