FireFox 2.0.0.12 Crashes only when signing out of Yahoo mail

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jammtc

FireFox 2.0.0.12 Crashes only when signing out of Yahoo mail

Post by jammtc »

Anyone out there experiencing browser crashes that only occur when signing out of yahoo mail?

I've been using Firefox for about two years with no complaints what so ever.

In the last week everytime I sign out of yahoo mail and only then it crashes everytime.

Work around - Use IE browser and no crashes - Tried using IE rendering engine in Mozilla but it still crashed.

Any help would be truly appreciated - I like this product very much!!
cv67
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

I suspect that you have a Yahoo extension, perhaps? Extensions for some popular e-mail services have been a big problem. If it continues to crash and you don't find the reason, please post a Talkback ID. That usually pinpoints the cause of the crash. More often than not what's crashing is actually some sort of addon or plugin, or else part of the operating system.
Insect

Firefox crashes

Post by Insect »

I am also having this exact problem in the last month or so. Crash only occurs with one email account, but occurs on other computers.
HELP!!!
drzaza

Firefox crash on Yahoo sign out

Post by drzaza »

I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.12 in Windows XP, and also find that every sign out of Yahoo! mail causes firefox to crash. I sent crash info to the Talkback agent and the talkback ID is: TB41755786Q

The Talkback page gives the "Trigger reason" as "Access violation" in the following file:
c:/builds/tinderbox/Fx-Mozilla1.8-Release/WINNT_5.2_Depend/mozilla/js/jsd/jsd_xpc.cpp, line 501

There's also a "stack signature" link for jsds_NotifyPendingDeadScripts 8cfd1ab7, that goes here:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=282660

Where I find an unresolved bug, first reported in February 2005, but it appears ongoing (posts in March 2008) in the Javascript debugger.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

drzaza,
This is the forum for the publicly released software. It is not the place to discuss problems with nightly builds. For that, go to the Builds Forum.
drzaza

Post by drzaza »

Sorry VanillaMoz, but I thought I *was* talking about publicly-released software.

I was imparting the knowledge I'd found out after following *your* advice of posting a Talkback ID. Perhaps I overstepped the mark by following up on what happened to that post. If that took me to something I'm not supposed to talk about, then I sincerely apologise.

On reading the messages on the Talkback page - hardly easy going for a novice - I made the assumption that the developers were talking about some sort of known bug that perhaps someone more clever than I (perhaps yourself) might be able to make more sense of...

... ahh, there's my rock. I'll crawl back under it.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

I like your humor, drzaza. :D Don't worry, it's not a big infraction. As far as I know, the Mozilla Militia is not on the way -- this time. :lol: Your crash report is well written and helpful, and I'm sure someone can use that to fix the problem. If anyone wants to see it, this is what it looks like. You can see, it appears to neatly pinpoint the problem.

Actually, I have to apologize. I saw the "tinderbox" and I assumed you were using a nightly build. Never mind that you gave the version number in the first line. :turn-l: :oops:

I'm not sure whether the bug report you cited applies (it might), but see also if this applies: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Yahoo_Mail .
sumoldgai

Post by sumoldgai »

I'm having what seems to be the same problem. I'm running 2.0.0.1.2 and when I close the tab that Yahoo mail is in, FF crashes.

It is happening EVERY time.

I've uninstalled a lot of extensions (I still have some installed), but the same problem remains.

I know Yahoo mail and Firebug weren't coexisting well, but are there other extensions that are problematic when using Yahoo mail?
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Yahoo Toolbar or Yahoo extension? That has been troublesome. But...

no one can possibly test all extensions under all circumstances. If it's not that, my suggestions are
(1) create a new profile for testing. Don't change anything. This will remove all themes and extensions, and reset any settings that you or an extension may have made. If it works, you can return to the old profile or move your data to the new one -- but only once you are certain it works.

(2) If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall Firefox. Be sure to get it from Mozilla: www.mozilla.org -- not from some other place.

(3) If that doesn't work, the problem is either a plugin or a bug in Firefox. Be sure to file a crash report.

And what the heck, one of you should file a bug report. Who cares if it might be a duplicate? Just do it. Post a link here.
I_Have_An_Itch

Ditto on the Mac as well.

Post by I_Have_An_Itch »

With no silly Yahoo extensions, tool bars and other system choking Yahoo poison. The only time I get the crash is when I sign out. Closing a tab etc works fine. This crash has only started to happen in the past 2 weeks. Has Yahoo done some tweaking to their website code? I know what it is. They are trying to scare off Microsoft and their bid for Yahoo. Nice work Yahoo proggie geeks, very nice! :)
I_Have_An_Itch

Post by I_Have_An_Itch »

Oh, the crashing was on a Mac. Giddiy Giddiy!
JimToupet

Post by JimToupet »

sumoldgai wrote:I'm having what seems to be the same problem. I'm running 2.0.0.1.2 and when I close the tab that Yahoo mail is in, FF crashes.

It is happening EVERY time.

I've uninstalled a lot of extensions (I still have some installed), but the same problem remains.

I know Yahoo mail and Firebug weren't coexisting well, but are there other extensions that are problematic when using Yahoo mail?

Disabling Firebug work for me. I never have problem since.
brianski

me too

Post by brianski »

I am having this prblem with ffox 2.0.0.12 on amd64/linux. I've also found that disabling firebug does the trick, so I'm guessing the bug is in firebug.
yun

I also have the same crashing problem when I close Yahoo mai

Post by yun »

The same crashing problem happens to me when the Yahoo mail is closed.
VanillaMozilla

Re: I also have the same crashing problem when I close Yahoo

Post by VanillaMozilla »

yun wrote:The same crashing problem happens to me when the Yahoo mail is closed.

Then the same solution applies, doesn't it? See the first reply in this thread. Also look at this.