Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TotalToolbar has been released as an extension.
The TotalToolbar extension permits great flexibility in creating and positioning toolbars and toolbar items.
TotalToolbar is derived from the toolbar functionality in All-in-One Sidebar by Ingo Wennemaring, which was based on Toolbar Enhancements by Stephen Clavering. It has been significantly renovated and updated for Firefox 3, and now Fx 4.
See the TotalToolbar Home Page for details, release notes, download, and FAQ.
Last edited by alta88 on December 1st, 2013, 9:45 am, edited 15 times in total.
Seems that I have found a minor bug.When you right click and select to show a hidden toolbar it cant be closed again until you restart the browser.But when you restart it is fine.Here is a list of my extensions.
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b4pre) Gecko/2008030206 Minefield/3.0b4pre
Build ID: 2008030206
Enabled Extensions: 
- Adblock Plus 0.7.5.3: http://adblockplus.org/
- Autofill Forms 0.8.2: https://blueimp.net/mozilla/
- ColorfulTabs 3.0: http://www.thestasis.com/
- CuteMenus - Crystal SVG 1.9.2: http://www.cutemenuproject.com/
- Download Statusbar 0.9.6.1: http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/
- External Application Buttons 0.7.2: http://cgi29.plala.or.jp/mozzarel/
- IE Tab 184.108.40.20670528: http://ietab.mozdev.org/
- LCD Clock 0.4.2: http://www.google.com/search?q=Minefield%20LCD%20Clock
- Menu Editor 220.127.116.11: http://menueditor.mozdev.org/
- MouseZoom 0.3.4: http://www.google.com/search?q=Minefield%20MouseZoom
- MR Tech Local Install 18.104.22.168: http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/
- PDF Download 22.214.171.124: http://www.pdfdownload.org
- Session Manager 0.6.1.10: http://sessionmanager.mozdev.org/
- Splash 126.96.36.199: http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/
- Stylish 0.5.3: http://userstyles.org/stylish/
- Tab Preview 0.3: http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/tabpreview/
- Titlebar Tweaks 1.8.0: http://www.cosmicat.com/
- TotalToolbar 1.0: http://totaltoolbar.mozdev.org
- Update Channel Selector 1.0.2: http://www.oxymoronical.com/web/firefox/updatechannel
- Update Notifier 0.1.5.3: http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/updatenotifier
Disabled Extensions: 
- Forecastfox 0.9.6: http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/
Installed Themes: 
- Firefox (default): http://www.mozilla.org/
- Firefox2 Classic 0.1: http://www.google.com/search?q=Minefiel ... %20Classic
- iSafari Leopard 1.0.1: http://isafari-theme.blogspot.com/
Just like to say that overall this is a good extension and I hope that you will fix this soon.
@Khyron - could you try in a clean profile and/or disable/enable extensions until the problem occurs? i'm not able to reproduce it, and have adblock, stylish, session manager, menu editor, downbar. is it a user made toolbar in a specific location or anywhere?
i noticed that this extension does not respect a certain customization. if i move the New Tab button from the tabbar to the main (navigation) toolbar, as i like it, and quit ff, the customization does not stay, the New Tab button returns to the tabbar.
i also have TMP installed, & i have the New Tab button on the tabbar disabled, but this extension does not appear to respect that option, as i said before, cuz the New Tab button retuns to the tabbar.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b4pre) Gecko/2008030304 Minefield/3.0b4pre - Build ID: 2008030304
It is the default toolbars .And io will try with a clean profile now.Also i have also noticed that it does not
Just tested it with a clean profile and it works just fine.So it must be a conflict with one of my Extensions.As to witch one it might be, I have no idea.When I get more time ill try enabling them 1 by one to track the conflict down.Just let me say though that this is a really nice peice of work.Keep up the good work and thanks.
@disturbedite - good catch, fixed in the next version. it also turns out the very latest TMP dev build works with tabbar tabs.
@Khyron - thanks, i'd appreciate if you have a free minute to check the extensions.. none of them look obvious. longshot guess is a localstore.rdf with some old odd entries.
For everyone who just want to place some toolbar buttons into the status bar, here is an userChrome.js script which archives it. And it works well in both Firefox 2 and 3. It will create a toolbar named "statusbar" when startup, and place the toolbar to the end of the statusbar. When you do customizing, it will popup to the area of toolbox and after the customization, it'll return the end of the statusbar.
(interesting to note, i installed the organize statusbar add-on to try and rearrange things down there, and that made the newly created status toolbar appear always on the left side. after trying to reconfigure it, it would switch back to the right side again.)
great job on the userChrome file.
As for the extension, I'm getting the word toolbar appearing in the statusbar and in the tabbar. also, it seems i can't drag buttons to the lower right (statusbar).
I should note that I'm using firefox3.0b5pre
edit: i also see now that with the unserChrome.js, my error console shows an error for line 19, navbox is null
( statusbarToolbar = navbox.appendCustomToolbar("statusbar", "");)
That means IE tab icon is appended to the status bar even later.
Yes, there's a little conflict with Organize Status Bar. Instead I have a modified version of OSB which cooperates well with my script. I can place my newly-created taskbar anywhere in the status bar. If you need, leave me an address and I'll send it to you. I don't know how to attach files in this forum.
Ooh. Then will anything else happen? Does the error always happen in b5pre only?
i don't know if it's specific to b5pre or not. everything works regardless of the error, i just thought it might be helpful to know in case of other issues. the error doesn't come up in a dialog box or anything like that.
userChrome.js 0.8 is now run for every chrome window, not just the main one. Maybe you have opened a chrome window without toolbars and you have not a proper userChrome.js file, then the error could happen.
If you're not using Sub-Script/XUL Loader with userChrome.js 0.8, please add the following line to the top of your userChrome.js or else your code will be run in places you might not expect .
Edit: A newer version of toolbarInStatusbar.uc.js and some notes are posted in the thread [Ext] userChrome.js
as noted in the home page, TotalToolbar is not compatible with Organize Status Bar. it's been tested with a number of extensions but not every one, so if you can identify an incompatible one that would help.
per the FAQ, note that statusbar is customized by rt clicking there, this enables the 2 toolbars to be moved/removed while in 'statusbar customize' mode. to add icons to them, you must be in 'toolbar customize' mode, rt click on a toolbar.
Sorry for the confusion - the issues I addressed with regards to the extension were present when I disabled OSB or before I installed OSB. So, I was in toolbar customize mode and still couldn't customize things properly. Perhaps I'l try looking at other extensions to see why this one isn't working properly when OSB is disabled (as was the case in my post)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests