[EXT] Toolbar Buttons 1.0.2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Michael Buckley

[EXT] Toolbar Buttons 1.0.2

Post by Michael Buckley »

Toolbar Buttons 1.0.2 is now here.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r-buttons/

Toolbar Buttons is the single biggest button pack for Firefox or Thunderbird there is. There are now over 100 Firefox, 50 for Thunderbird. You will find buttons that enable hidden functionality or is too many clicks away, but some of the best buttons are those unique to the extension. For example from some of out most popular buttons, there are menu items for, Options, Bookmark Manager, Bookmark Page, and Add-ons, but for Snap Back, Restart and about:config there is no existing user interface.

To find out more information about each of the buttons, please see our Button List which has descriptions of all the buttons.

Once installed to get started using the buttons open the Customize Coolbar window by either right clicking on the toolbar and selecting Customize from the pop up menu or going View then Toolbars then Customize and from the window that opens up you can drag the buttons to your toolbar.

There is also my Custom Toolbar Button Maker that allows for creation of customized versions of the extension with your own selection of buttons (some of which are not in the released version) and some other configurational changes.
Also there is a tool, my Link Button Maker that makes buttons to open any web page.

As always I love to hear about any bugs you may find, or buttons you may want added.
Last edited by Michael Buckley on December 28th, 2014, 2:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
echoes

Post by echoes »

according to AMO, this extension's compatibility is already outdated. beta 5 is already in testing (as of today) and according to AMO its only compatible with 1.5 – 3.0b3. but i'll override the maxversion any way.
just thought i'd let you know.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

The "addons" button doesn't work anymore with 3.0b4...
echoes

Post by echoes »

yeah, as i said above, you need to bump the maxversion.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

That's not the problem at all, I'm using MrTech's extension... but the button says it doesn't work...
alta88

Post by alta88 »

in Tb Compose, the following is thrown:

Code: Select all

Error: bUpdateUndoButtons is not defined
Source file: chrome://buttons/content/composeWindow.js
Line: 146
alta88

Post by alta88 »

and these in Fx3:

Code: Select all

Error: document.getElementById("bookmarks-context-menu") is null
Source file: chrome://button/content/firefox/script.js
Line: 923
 ----------
Error: item is null
Line: 1034
 ----------
Error: item is null
Line: 1063
Michael Buckley

For some reason I was not subscribed to this thread when I posted it so sorry for the slow replies.

@disturbedite
Yes I know about the max version. They just keep changing it so fast I quickly fall out of date.

@Tuxman
If the button says it does not work, are you sure your using the "add-ons" one not the "extensions" one. The "extensions" one only works in pre Firefox 2 builds. The add-ons one works in Firefox 2 and also in the latest Firefox 3 betas.

@alta88
Yes I fixed all but one of those errors before I noticed you posted about them. So thanks for that, I fixed it quite easily.

I have put Toolbar Buttons 0.5.0.3 on my web site, and will post it on AMO in just a moment.
Toolbar Buttons the biggest button pack for Firefox or Thunderbird
Text Formatting Toolbar - make posting easy and fun.
Xrl.in - Tiny URls
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

It's the "add-ons" button... it works fine again, but I didn't change anything. Strange behavior.
Michael Buckley

Ok good. It must have been something else acting up as I have not edited the button for months.
Xrl.in - Tiny URls
alta88

Post by alta88 »

in Tb, with Lightning installed, this breaks the View -> Toolbars -> Mode Toolbar checked state on restart. ie, with the mode toolbar visible, the menuitem is not checked, as it should be, on a restart.
RAMWolff

Post by RAMWolff »

Michael, I would dearly love this extension or Addon as I've just reloaded Firefox 3 Beta 5 from scratch (since when it was originally installed it was installed into the Firefox 2 profile and it was crashing out all the time). Since I've done a clean install of it alls well but I can't get half of my lovely helpful addons back! Got GMail Manager back but the Toolbar Buttons and Format Toolbar are not resolvable from where I sit 'cause I'm not all the geeky.

I would also like to ask for an update.... since the team has added in Zoom features for the browser that zooms entire pages up instead of just the text (which does not always look so nice) it would be great to have some buttons made that would be for Zoom in, Zoom out and Restore Zoom. I know about the Ctrl + option and that's fine but I like the tool bar option most of the time when I can get one.

Oh and I just tried installing the 0.5.0.3 version and it's telling me it's not compatible with 3.0b5

Thanks much

Richard ;-)~
---Wolff On The Prowl---
Michael Buckley

It has been exam week at UNI ;)

I bumped the max version again, so it should install now. If you like you can try turning for compatibility checking. The name of the preference is called extensions.checkCompatibility and you can edited it from about:config

There is an update to the Format Toolbar on my site, just some highly technical thing prevented it getting on AMO.
Xrl.in - Tiny URls
Michael Buckley

Re: [EXT] Toolbar Buttons 0.5

0.6.0.5 is now out, and I just updated the first posts to reflect the changes.
Xrl.in - Tiny URls
Ed1

Re: [EXT] Toolbar Buttons 0.5

Post by Ed1 »

Toolbar Buttons seems to be creating a window sizing issue for me. Go to fidelity.com and type in any symbol (such as "T") in the Quotes box near the top right of the page. A new small window opens with the content shifted to the right and partially not visible. The window must be resized manually (by stretching it to the right) to see all of the intended content.

If all my extensions are disabled, the window content displays correctly. If only Toolbar Buttons 0.6.0.5 (and MR Tech Toolkit) are enabled, the window content displays incorrectly as described above.

Can anyone suggest a solution?