Whitehart Development [Discontinued]

Discuss application theming and theme development.
DonGato

Whitehart Development [Discontinued]

Post by DonGato »

I was maintaining the Whitehart theme until now but decided to discontinue it because of many factors. Between them I have not much free time to invest in developing; some Mozilla "policies" are colliding with theme developers and took away any sense of gratification from being part of the community; and continuous changes make hard to keep updated an extension/theme in your free time, to name a few. If anybody wants to continue this set of themes please PM me.

Whitehart theme
Home

As some of you might already know I'm now maintaining the Whitehart theme for Firefox as Anders Conbere couldn't do it anymore and nobody offered to update it for the Firefox 2.0 release. I will be working on it from now on and until time allows me. As I'm a user of it chances are high that I will be working on this for some time unless I move to another browser or dimension.

The current official release for Firefox 3.0, 3.5 and 3.6 is 3.6.7 at AMO (backup site).

The last official release for Firefox 2.0 is 2.6 at AMO (backup site). There will be NO more releases for FFX2.

I encourage people to help with the development process by giving ideas, hunting bugs and making any kind of useful comments. Take in account I will not always follow your ideas or will agree with your comments. That is bound to happen but I will try to understand most needs and find a way to satisfy them.

When you post about a problem please include as much info as you can (extensions sometimes modify Firefox appearance) and a screen shoot will always help a lot. I would understand better the bug, be able to reproduce it and fix it.

Whitehart TB theme
Home

After acquiring some experience with the Firefox theme I decided I would do the matching Thunderbird theme that was something I wanted for quite some time already. From my point of view it was 100% complete so I submitted version 1.0 to AMO. Following versions improved some icons and included some bugfixes. Version 2.x added compatibility with Thunderbird 2. Version 3.x added compatibility for Thunderbird 3. Feedback is welcomed.

The current official release is 3.0 at AMO (backup site).

Old Whitehart thread (while being maintained by Anders Conbere).

Previous thread that got deleted had 10 pages (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10)
Last edited by DonGato on September 6th, 2010, 7:38 am, edited 28 times in total.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Thread got deleted by mods while handling SPAM so with the help of trolly we were able to recover the content. It's linked at the bottom of the first post (10 pages in total). Links at AMO will be fixed when they review the changes I issued.
ikhabaat_crane

whitehart browser-menu alignment

Post by ikhabaat_crane »

http://www.magicalmule.com/firefox_menus.jpg

The image above shows that the browser menus are not vertically centred on the menu bar and they should be, like in the default skin for Firefox 2.0.0.12.
Please centre them.

P.S. Awesome theme, I hope 'somebody' makes a version compatible with Firefox 3 soon!
Slochy

Post by Slochy »

I'd soooooooooo looooooove to see this being ported to FF3. Still the best theme of all, I don't ever wanna miss out on it.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I don't have much time lately to work on these themes.
I made a little update for the recent Lightning 0.8.
If nobody finds anything that should be fixed I will post it to AMO in the next couple of days.

http://dongato.dyndns.org/whitehart/whi ... 3.2-tb.jar

ikhabaat_crane, I should take a look at it sometime soon.

Slochy, my policy was always to not support beta/RC releases.
Slochy

Post by Slochy »

DonGato wrote:Slochy, my policy was always to not support beta/RC releases.

I'm aware of that, I only wanted to spread my feelings ;)
Leland

Post by Leland »

Slochy wrote:
DonGato wrote:Slochy, my policy was always to not support beta/RC releases.

I'm aware of that, I only wanted to spread my feelings ;)

Echoed. Can't wait for this to be official so I can use my favorite theme again. BTW, FF3B5 has been great for me ;)
Guinness for strength!
[:Aureliano Buendía]

Post by [:Aureliano Buendía] »

Ciao Dongato.
In Whitehart 2.4 for TB, the icon for "today pane" mail and tasks mode it is different from the icon on calendar mode! I think that the icon "today pane" on calendar mode it is right.

Edit
I'm sorry: I use a nightly version. My post it is invalid.

Ciao
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

When will we see a preview version for Shredder aka Tb 3.0a2pre. We have a projected early preview scheduled for early July, that will be for use of developers working to ready there works for the Tb 3.0 release anticipated for Dec. 2008. The 3.0a2 build is the second in a series planned each 6-8 weeks as the Mozilla Messaging Community quashes bugs and injects enhanced IMAP and LDAP functionality in preparation to bundle the Lightning Extension into an alternative release package.

Shredder is to Tb3 what Minefield was to Fx3,
Killjay
Tower, request takeoff clearance, branch 3.0
Thunderbird cleared for takeoff, flyby @ mach 3.0b3 authorized
Pitch

Post by Pitch »

Hi,
now that 3.0 RC 2 has been released and Firefox 3.0 final is scheduled for within the upcoming week, can we expect to see Whitehart updated for 3.0?

Pitch wrote:Hi,now that 3.0 RC 2 has been released and Firefox 3.0 final is scheduled for within the upcoming week, can we expect to see Whitehart updated for 3.0?
Dongato releases are only for official versions.
Ciao

Re: Whitehart Development [FFX+TB]

Ciao DonGato.
You schedule support of enigmail on next release of Whitehart for TB?
"The world was so recent that many things lacked names, and in order to indicate them it was necessary to point."
One Hundred Years Of Solitude
phnxphan

Post by phnxphan »

Don Gato, thanks so much for continuing the Whitehart/Breeze theme for Firefox. This is a wonderfully clean, efficient and beautiful theme, and I really appreciate your work in keeping it going. Please update this also for FF3, as it comes out today, and I don't even want to install it without Whitehart. I would be glad to help if possible, but my programming knowledge is limited, although I have developed several webpages. Thanks for your efforts, and I hope you can squeeze it in soon.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Mav88

Post by Mav88 »

Pfew, thought this topic had disappeared. Thanks for keeping it alive. And I'm hoping you're continuing the theme for Firefox 3. :) It just doesn't look right with the default stuff, have been using this theme for years now ever.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, it seems this board mail notifications don't work well as I wasn't told about any new posts since my last post in this thread even while I have the option set. And no, there is no mail from mozillazine in my junk folder either. :P

About TB3, it's alpha/beta/RC software that as always I won't work on it. If someone want to dedicate some time to do it I'm not opposed. I will give him the project administration. ;)

About the thread... yes, it suffered an accidental purge by site mods but we recovered most of it.

And now the unavoidable (I mean for me). I know I need to work on FFX3 support ASAP but the problem is I'm now with a cold in bed and anyway, I don't have much free time as previous years so I don't know when I will be able to post something usable. There were some major changes I need to take care and my idea of supporting 2.0 and 3.0 with the same theme release won't be possible without a lot of work I can't do. So I will most probably work on a 3.0 only release and will post to addons the last revision for 2.0.