[Ext] ScribeFire 1.4.6 (SeaMonkey mod) Testing thread.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Philip Chee

[Ext] ScribeFire 1.4.6 (SeaMonkey mod) Testing thread.

Post by Philip Chee »

I've ported ScribeFire 1.4.6 to SeaMonkey. Unfortunately I don't have a blog or live journal account so I can't test the upload features. So I'm requesting help from SeaMonkey users to test this port.

Here is the test extension: scribefire-1.4.6-mod.xpi

Help verify the upload/digg/technorati functions!

ScribeFire homepage http://www.scribefire.com/ possibly with instructions on how to use although I haven't found them yet....

Notes:
1. Inline spellchecking only works in SeaMonkey 1.1 and above.
2. There is a settings panel but it's very well hidden (even in Firefox). How many of you can find it?
3. The ScribeFire pane can be configured to be above or below the tabbrowser. Please test both options.

Phil
cfinke

Changes

Post by cfinke »

Hi Philip,

Great work! I've ported your changes into the main ScribeFire development branch so that SeaMonkey users can get the new releases at the same time as Firefox users.

I've posted a copy of version 1.4.8pre with your changes included at http://code.google.com/p/scribefire/dow ... monkey.xpi if you'd like to test that out. I've been playing with it in SeaMonkey, and it appears to be working fine.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Ah, I wanted to wait until someone verified that all the functions were working before sending my changes to you.

Phil
cfinke

Post by cfinke »

This way, I can test new features as I add them in both browsers. There won't be another official release for a few weeks, so we have some time to weed out any trouble-makers.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I should point out that SeaMonkey (trunk) uses "spellchecker.dictionaries.download.url" whereas Firefox uses "browser.dictionaries.download.url". I don't know what Flock and eMusic remote use so I also incorporated a fallback to "https://addons.mozilla.org/dictionaries/" in my version of addDictionaries.

Phil
ckjnigel

Works good for LJ!

Post by ckjnigel »

I tried yours first, Philip, and that got a post up on LJ, despite an initial error. Lamentably, I didn't see Technorati tagging nor pinging options.
cfinke's seems to work perfectly, and is (for reasons some may know) nicer than the most recent Firefox builds.
I'm using Seamonkey build 2008031219 under Win XP Pro X64.
Honestly, I think this such a sweet tool to take the effort out of blogging, at least for LJ. IMO, better than what's built into Flock...
So, Philip, why don't you start an LJ blog about Seamonkey?
Philip Chee

Re: Works good for LJ!

Post by Philip Chee »

ckjnigel wrote:I tried yours first, Philip, and that got a post up on LJ, despite an initial error. Lamentably, I didn't see Technorati tagging nor pinging options.
Hmm. What happens if you click on the "Publishing Options" button?
ckjnigel wrote:cfinke's seems to work perfectly, and is (for reasons some may know) nicer than the most recent Firefox builds.
Heh, heh.
ckjnigel wrote:I'm using Seamonkey build 2008031219 under Win XP Pro X64.
Honestly, I think this such a sweet tool to take the effort out of blogging, at least for LJ. IMO, better than what's built into Flock...
So, Philip, why don't you start an LJ blog about Seamonkey?
I don't think anyone wants to read yet another rambling incoherent stream of consiousness rant about the upcoming live action Dragonball movie. :)

Phil
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Zoolcar9 wrote:WFM on WordPress.com, Blogsome, Blogger Image
Terima Kasih!

p.s. Suzumiya Haruhi and Firefox is just too kawaii for words. w00t!

Phil
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

Philip Chee wrote:Terima Kasih!

Kembali!

Philip Chee wrote:p.s. Suzumiya Haruhi and Firefox is just too kawaii for words. w00t!

There is one for SeaMonkey too ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zoolcar9/2052570267/

ckjnigel

Post by ckjnigel »

Well, now that all are feeling smugly pleased and ready for silliness, perhaps I should go propose a Shakugan no Shana theme for Seamonkey. My favorite moe heroine's hair would turn red when loading pages.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

(A moderator will be around to shut us down anytime now)
ckjnigel wrote:Well, now that all are feeling smugly pleased and ready for silliness, perhaps I should go propose a Shakugan no Shana theme for Seamonkey. My favorite moe heroine's hair would turn red when loading pages.
Talking of hellfire, I wonder if there is a theme where Enma (Jigoku Shoujo) shows up at midnight with a once in a lifetime deal! :)

Phil
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

I'd love to have it, if it's the live action series where Enma character was played by Sayuri Iwata.

We're <abbr title="Overly Out Of Topic">OOOT</abbr> now.