Thunderbird e mail signatures

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Dave D

Thunderbird e mail signatures

Post by Dave D »

Hi Folks,

I've been trying for weeks to get an image to be on the bottom of my emails everytime I send them.

So far I have tried using this image whengoing through tools/account settings/attach this signature.

But.....

it doesn't work!!!

What am I to do? I'm manually inputting it everytime I send an email & to be honest it's very tedious not to mention time consuming.

So, anyone have any suggestions, please????

Thanks in advance

Dave
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If you are set up for Thunderbird to compose messages in HTML, the following is how you can create a signature with an image.
1. In Thunderbird, click on the Write button to compose a new message.
2. Type in the text you want to use for your signature and add whatever formatting you want (font, colour, bold, etc.). You can also insert an image if you wish.
3.Go to Edit - Select All
4. From the Insert menu, choose HTML...
5. Select the text in the window that pops up and copy the selected text.
6. Open your favorite text editor (such as Notepad) and paste in the text you just copied.
7. Save the file to your computer, giving it a name with the .html extension (such as "signature1.html").
8. In Thunderbird again, go to Tools > Account Settings > <Account>.
9. Check the "Attach this signature" option.
10. Click the Choose... button and attach the signature file that you just created and saved on your computer.
11. When your signature appears in your email there will be two - - above it, do not remove.

Post by Guest »

DanRaisch wrote:If you are set up for Thunderbird to compose messages in HTML, the following is how you can create a signature with an image.
2. Type in the text you want to use for your signature and add whatever formatting you want (font, colour, bold, etc.). You can also insert an image if you wish.
6. Open your favorite text editor (such as Notepad) and paste in the text you just copied.
7. Save the file to your computer, giving it a name with the .html extension (such as "signature1.html").
10. Click the Choose... button and attach the signature file that you just created and saved on your computer.
11. When your signature appears in your email there will be two - - above it, do not remove.

Post by Guest »

I cannot get any further than 7, because I cannot save my text in html format. The only thing it allows me to do in Notepad is save in .txt.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That's not true. Change the "Save as type" drop down to "All files" and give the file to be saved the extension HTML as stated above.

Post by Guest »

Thanx. Very helpful, and it worked.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.
GUEST1012

IMAGE SIGNATURE IN THUNDERBIRD FOR MAC

Post by GUEST1012 »

I've tried all of these steps to add an image to my signature and all I keep getting is the message that that Insert menu makes when choosing HTML (Step 4 & 5). What am I doing wrong?

DanRaisch wrote:If you are set up for Thunderbird to compose messages in HTML, the following is how you can create a signature with an image.
bkennelly

Post by bkennelly »

Apparently, your signature file is not being recognised as HTML. Does it have an HMTL extension on the file name?

What kind of image are you trying to attach?