Calendar Wish List

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
jwbosu

Calendar Wish List

Post by jwbosu »

I am trying the calendar and find it not to bad, but needs a lot of features.

Feature that I would really like is
Specify a date to jump to in the GO menu.

I use the calendar in research when reviewing dats in time series analysis and other things as well.

Thanx
Joe
Daffe

Import/Export Functionality

Post by Daffe »

I currently use the Palm Calendar... It only exports as a DBA file. I'd like to see an import function to import the Palm DBA files. I think there's a work-around (I haven't tried yet) where you can sync to Outlook then export to the Mozilla Calendar.
n.n.a

Post by n.n.a »

An overall view of year would be nice!

and if i want to see details of a calendar entry, i really don't need to see all theoretically possible properties.

additionally, i'm still hoping for an mode of installing like the "traveller mode"; idea is you can carry your program around while there is no need of installing on foreign computers. (would be very nice for all mozilla applications).

thx
Onno

Wish list

Post by Onno »

Syncronisation with PDA and SHARP Zaurus, open zaurus...

Shared calender. So I share this calendar with a somebody. Other person must also be able to add in the calendar.

If those two things would be added then this calendar would be together with the mail be a outlook killer!

Maybe mozilla team can write a special apache app for sharing the calendars. This also would IMHO be a money generator!
DizzyWeb

Post by DizzyWeb »

Integration with mail, like Outlook does.

Skins! It just looks plain ugly side by side with Thunderbird!
The author can never, in no way, be held responsible for any harm caused, mental or physical, by reading this post.
Nostromo

Customisable Colours for Categories

Post by Nostromo »

I am using Sunbird - and I do not need any integration with Tb/Fb, mainly because I use it for personal reasons and I do not need to interact with others, but there is one feature that I would "kill" for...

the possibility to associate a different colour to a different category, so that I can see at a glance what it is going on in my monthly life.
For example: every task/event classified as "birthday" could be yellow, any "appointment" as red.. and so on.

Hope that someone will listen...

Bye,
Nostromo
Seal

Post by Seal »

The ability to minimise to system tray.
Seal

Post by Seal »

and the ability to type in new tasks as easily as you can in microsoft outlook, type them in the text box and hit enter.
Shadoglare

Post by Shadoglare »

*specify a .wav file for the alarm sound
*allow the option for 12-hour time choices when setting alarms instead of only 24-hour
*Minimize to tray would be nice but I know it's not going to happen
*Right now, when I select an ending date for a multi-date event, the event ends on the day before instead of the day I actually selected - shouldn't work that way I would think
*Ability to make the thunderbird calendar plug-in not check for email when it's being run as a stand-alone app (just running the Firefox version instead seems to solve this problem)
*Ability to back up or export entire calendar instead of having to pick and choose what to export
*Ability to change color schemes (not a big deal, but would be nice to be able to color-code stuff)
Shadoglare

Post by Shadoglare »

Shadoglare wrote:*Ability to change color schemes (not a big deal, but would be nice to be able to color-code stuff)

OK, it's not fully being able to change all the colors around, but I discovered for myself shortly after posting this that you can in fact color-code events - you can do that using the multiple "calendars" - you can make a calendar for work, one for school, one for everyday events, etc etc.

I just happened upon that by noticing color-coding done in one of the screen shots - before that I was like "why the the hek would I want more than one calendar?"

So I guess that would add another item to the wish list:

*At least a basic manual or help file

;)
thito01

Post by thito01 »

[quote="Shadoglare"]
*Right now, when I select an ending date for a multi-date event, the event ends on the day before instead of the day I actually selected - shouldn't work that way I would think
[/quote]

I think this happens because 'all day' events start at 12am and end at 12am. They should end at 11:59. I think it is a bug.

Items I would like to see:
The ability to drag the right or left edge of an all-day event and have it move just the starting or ending date only. I.E., make the event either more or less days.
Pan Sola

Post by Pan Sola »

Shadoglare wrote:
Shadoglare wrote:*Ability to change color schemes (not a big deal, but would be nice to be able to color-code stuff)

OK, it's not fully being able to change all the colors around, but I discovered for myself shortly after posting this that you can in fact color-code events - you can do that using the multiple "calendars" - you can make a calendar for work, one for school, one for everyday events, etc etc.

Yeah I found that too. But this brings an additional feature that would really help me: the ability to easily move an event from one calendar to another, most likely by opening the event properties, and just change which calendar it folls under (currently that dropdown menu is disabled in the 20040306 nightly).

Another feature: if I cut an event and paste it back, it will remember the time (right now it forgets both), and by default when I do a cut, the date it got cut from should be selected (so it'll be the same date when I paste right back). This is my current work around for the moving events between calender problem.

Finally, not related to the above issues, but to enable view so that a "day" doesn't have to start and end at midnight (similar to how a week doesn't have to start Sunday and end Saturday). As a college student who goes to sleep way past midnight and have tons of extra curricular activities or late night meetings/jobs, having the day split at midnight is quite inconvinent. I would personally configure it so that the split between days is 4 or 5am in the middle of my sleep, not midnight before I go to bed. d-:
tholcomb

Post by tholcomb »

thito01 wrote:
Shadoglare wrote:*Right now, when I select an ending date for a multi-date event, the event ends on the day before instead of the day I actually selected - shouldn't work that way I would think

I think this happens because 'all day' events start at 12am and end at 12am. They should end at 11:59. I think it is a bug.

I find this (multi-day behavor) to lessen my enjoyment of the Calendar app.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0 | Thunderbird version 1.0 (20041206)
matt@jatol

Post by matt@jatol »

pda synching (windows pda os mainly, but I am sure lots of palm supports want this too)
~ matt
mozillaforever

Re: Import/Export Functionality

Post by mozillaforever »

Daffe wrote:I currently use the Palm Calendar... It only exports as a DBA file. I'd like to see an import function to import the Palm DBA files. I think there's a work-around (I haven't tried yet) where you can sync to Outlook then export to the Mozilla Calendar.

need Palm Calendar export pleeese!!!