My navigation bar has disappeared

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dbp215

My navigation bar has disappeared

Post by dbp215 »

i'm on a mac: yesterday i opened up a new window (had NOT quit the application overnight), and noticed my navigation bar at the top of my window was blank: no back, forward, stop, home, or location bar present. instead there is a blank gray horizontal bar over where my bookmark tabs are located.

i thought it was an april fools joke so i quit the application and started it back up, but the change remained the same all day. then today i deleted firefox from my computer and downloaded a fresh copy from safari, but when i opened the new firefox, the navigation bar was still missing.

help!
SK.

Post by SK. »

View | Toolbars ....

This knowledge base article details the menu differences for applications across operating systems.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
dbp215

thanks for trying to help, but . . .

Post by dbp215 »

it didn't help. I re-customized my navigation bar by adding back all the buttons and checked my preferences to make sure they were the same. Then today the same thing happened, my entire navigation bar disappeared . . . now what?
SK.

Post by SK. »

Which version of Firefox? Which extensions? Which operating system?

I am guessing you have an extension misbehaving.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Try to delete localstore.rdf: [http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf|Corrupt_localstore.rdf (MozillaZine KB)]
(caution: do not delete the localstore.rdf file in the Firefox program installation folder!)