Youtube videos pausing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

My soluction

Post by Guest »

The following solution worked for me. Everyone, please try it.

I ran the flash script
go to c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\ and theres a file called flashutil....

and now the videos are working fine
lattedrinker

flash video problem

Post by lattedrinker »

i've had the problem where a flash video would play for a second or two and then freeze in firefox. i think the solution (until adobe issues a fix) is to disable hardware acceleration for flash video. right click on the video, select "settings..." and then find the tab that has a checkbox for "enable hardware acceleration". If this option is checked, then uncheck it and close the menu. this seems to have worked for me. i would be interested to hear if it works for others.

Post by Guest »

I have had this problem( movie loads but stops after two seconds every time you click it, if you drag the progress bar it progresses but doesn't actually play for more than 2 seconds) since Flash 9 got installed last year. Only in combination with firefox. Last year it started on one computer( Windows XP service pack 2, 2 gig ram, intel Core duo, Bitdefender security) in combination with different versions of firefox 2. I used an internet explorer plugin for some flash movies to bypass the problem. When the alpha builds of firefox came I stopped having the problem. Now recently the problem reoccurred on another computer ( Xp SP2, Amd 64,2 gig ram, windows firewall , no other security) with beta 5. It didn't occur right after the installation , so I don't think it's a specific beta 5 issue.

My conclusions after reading all the users their messages on different forums. It occurs frequently and starts randomly on different configurations, even different platforms. Only the firefox plugin seems affected for the two seconds freeze bug.

I downgraded my flash player and it has been working again for two days, although I'm quite sure one day it might pop up again like it has done in the past. It is one of the most unprofessional handlings I have seen in the 15 years I have been working with computers , certainly since Adobe is such a big company. Flash integration is all over the internet and EVERY firefox user could potentially develop the problem one day. It has been hanging around at least since last year, and in all that time they weren't even able to describe the bug.
lattedrinker

firefox flash problem

Post by lattedrinker »

since my previous post i've toggled the hardware acceleration back to "on". the problem has not yet returned. it looks like that switch just needs to toggled a bit.
Savage80

Re: flash video problem

Post by Savage80 »

lattedrinker wrote:i've had the problem where a flash video would play for a second or two and then freeze in firefox. i think the solution (until adobe issues a fix) is to disable hardware acceleration for flash video. right click on the video, select "settings..." and then find the tab that has a checkbox for "enable hardware acceleration". If this option is checked, then uncheck it and close the menu. this seems to have worked for me. i would be interested to hear if it works for others.

It didn't work for me. The youtube / flash videos keep pausing after 2/3 seconds... :(
lattedrinker

flash video problem

Post by lattedrinker »

Savage80 wrote:It didn't work for me. The youtube / flash videos keep pausing after 2/3 seconds... :(

hmmm...the only other thing i did was install and then uninstall (about a day later) the flash-block add-on. maybe that was it. i didn't think so at the time. but the problem has not yet come back for me. if neither of these two things work then i'm out of ideas.
mike95060

I'm Trying The Updated (and Supported)Flash Player 9.0.124.0

Post by mike95060 »

I'm Trying The Updated (and Supported) Flash Player 9.0.124.0

My previous post: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 22#3266222

9.0.47.0 worked fine for me. But now there is a version newer than 9.0.115.0 which caused me problems.

I downloaded and ran the updated uninstaller first:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... &sliceId=1

Then I downloaded the updated Flash Player: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download ... kwaveFlash

It will be a few days before I will be convinced that it works for me.
Last edited by mike95060 on April 10th, 2008, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alice

Post by Alice »

I just installed the latest Flash 9.0 r124 "over the top" (I did separate installs for IE and Mozilla browsers) since the installer automatically removes earlier versions. I never noticed any problems with r115, though. In any case, Mike, I hope that the new Flash version works for you.
Alice Wyman
Melodeath

Post by Melodeath »

I experienced this problem even after downgrading to 9.0.47

I got 9.0.124 last night. The problem was still there when I first opened firefox :(
Although, youtube is currently working now that I restarted firefox again with a new session
We will see after a couple days

Post by Guest »

Try running the flash utilities as suggested throughout this thread, and see if it works for you.

Run:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9f.exe
(There's also NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe, but I ran the above file. I have no idea what either does.)

Although I have the latest version, when I ran this utility, it said there was a newer version of Flash, it downloaded something, and after re-starting my computer, bam! Problem solved!

I've had this problem for months now which appeared after some Firefox update, and this is the only solution that I've found anywhere that's worked.
mike95060

Post by mike95060 »

The Updated Flash Player 9.0.124.0 doesn't work for me (see my April 10th post).

I filed a bug report (or wish form) at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/ind ... product=17
Melodeath

Post by Melodeath »

Running the flash utility does not fix the problem

I hate flash!!!!
Melodeath

Post by Melodeath »

It has nothing to do with connection. I have broadband, and the files work in IE and not firefox. Well, for a longer period of time anyway. Firefox works when I restart it, but after a coupel videos,t he problem is back. At least IE lasts for a few more videos.

Reverting back to 9.0.47 did not help me. I still had the pausing issue.
Euchre

Post by Euchre »

I would like to suggest people concerned with the issue always give full information about their operating system version (Windows 98SE/2k/XP/Vista, what Service Pack [SP] level, if all Windows updates are current), browser version/build (Firefox version, and if IE also troubles you what version of that), and full Flash build. I feel some trepidation about updating my Flash version, although I am using 9.0.115 right now on Windows 2000 Professional SP4 with SeaMonkey without any issues thus far. Initially some reported issues with that build of Flash. I support quite a few systems with Firefox and Windows XP, and I usually have them set to do ALL updates as automatically as possible. I am hoping I won't get 5-6 people deep with the same issue.

If people can give such full details, it might help in defining where the problem really lies, so better feedback can be provided to both Mozilla and Adobe - even though this seems to be primarily an Adobe issue. If it is Windows XP only, Adobe might want to work with Microsoft to figure out what went wrong. Of course, everyone discussing this here that says the problem is occurring both in IE and Firefox ought to take that trip over to Adobe's site and provide detailed feedback there.
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.
Melodeath

Post by Melodeath »

Ive got XP SP2 with all the latest updates.

I've got Flash 9.0.124.0 i think thats the newest

And Firefox 2.0.0.13

I am not sure where the problem lies. I get the problem far more frequently in firefox than in IE, although to be fair I have way mroe tabs open in FF than IE. Furthermore, I had no flash issues with IE when I had version 6, but now they corp up sometimes now that I got IE 7