Looks like some themes are broken by the last few builds

Discuss application theming and theme development.
CappuchinoMan

Looks like some themes are broken by the last few builds

Post by CappuchinoMan »

Starting about January 15th, it looks like Eskimo and Toy Factory have gotten messed up. Back and forward buttons are way spaced out. Anyone seeing this with other themes?
Dan Kies
Location: Subjunctive {Sydney, NYC, Chicago, Paris} Indicative {Hell}

Post by Dan Kies »

Yes, I too have noticed this. In fact, it's a problem with the Classic skin as well (in the message compose window.)

Theme authors need to add

-moz-image-region: auto; /* cut off inheritance */

to their skins' dropmarkers in different toolbars. The toolbars effected seem to be Navigator's, Mail/News, and Message Compose (and the DOM inspector if your theme skins that as well). Toolbarbutton.css (in /global folder), editorFormatToolbar.css (in /editor folder), and panelset.css (for those skinning the DOM inspector) are the files to change.

Toolbarbutton.css will take care of the drop markers in the Navigator and Mail/News toolbars; editorFormatToolbar.css will take care of the message compose window drop markers. Even the Classic skin (at least in the 20040115 win32 builds) missed fixing the editorFormatToolbar.css).

However, there is a second (related) issue with editorFormatToolbar.css. Skin authors need to add

to the menu items as well in that file. This applies to the align menu, insert menu, and the smiley menu. Notice that the images in those dropdowm menus are missing. Turning off -moz-image-region inheritance will fix that problem too. This too is broken in the Classic theme.
Sailfish

Re: Looks like some themes are broken by the last few builds

Post by Sailfish »

CappuchinoMan wrote:Starting about January 15th, it looks like Eskimo and Toy Factory have gotten messed up. Back and forward buttons are way spaced out. Anyone seeing this with other themes?

All seamonkey themes listed here have been updated to restore the dropmarkers.

Dan Kies, all I did was add the following statement to my global\toolbarbutton.css stylesheet and it seemed to fix both cases of dropped dropmarkers?

Code: Select all

.toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
.toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
}
Dan Kies

Post by Dan Kies »

Sailfish,

Yes. An excellent (and elegant) solution. Ah, the beauty and power of CSS.

For the life of me, though Sailfish, I can't find the relevant bug fix in bugzilla that addresses this change. Do you happen to know which bug fix necessitated this change?
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Dan Kies wrote:For the life of me, though Sailfish, I can't find the relevant bug fix in bugzilla that addresses this change. Do you happen to know which bug fix necessitated this change?

Regrettably, I don't. Mostly, I just work off of theme diffs from one build to the next. It was your post that alerted me to the problem with Format Toolbar in Compose since, as you mentioned, it is still broken in the intrinsic themes...
Dan Kies

Post by Dan Kies »

I found it thanks to jasonb's concise bug reports: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=220717

Interesting reading.