Why don't my filters filter?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Queensparker

Why don't my filters filter?

Post by Queensparker »

Somewhere out there is a sad tosser called Dale Crosby. Or at least that is all I can conclude for the mail I get addressd to him at my URL. I have set the message filters to 'delete' anything to him (using rules with the full URL, and his name in lower and upper case etc) but it simply doesn't work. And the 'help' button in the Message Filters ubder 'Tools' (and for that matter in th erset of menus) don't work either?

Is it me? Is it in the ether? Or does Dale move in truly impressively mysterious way?

Queensparker
wintogreen

Post by wintogreen »

Queensparker wrote:Is it me? Is it in the ether? Or does Dale move in truly impressively mysterious way?
Are you sure that you yourself are not Dale Crosby? Thunderbird's advanced identity-recognition feature may be sensing that you are, or could be, or might once have been, or might be in a future life, Dale Crosby and is thus overriding your filter settings.

Or, maybe not. My filters in TB work fine. Silly question, but is filter you made *enabled*? Also, at the very top of the Message Filters dialog, where it says "Filters For," have you selected the correct mail account? Do any of your other filters work? If you don't have any other filters, then I would make a test filter (that you can test by sending mails to yourself), and once you get that working, move on to Dale.
rnd227

Post by rnd227 »

I set up TB only yesterday, but I have something like 7 filters up and running, and I tested them extensively. They just... uh... work. So far.
Queensparker

Filters

Post by Queensparker »

Thanks for that. I hadn''t noticed the need for enabling, but will now await and see what happens.

Queensparker