[ext] Right Links 0.4.1 + Right Links WE 0.5b7

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Infocatcher

[ext] Right Links 0.4.1 + Right Links WE 0.5b7

Post by Infocatcher »

Author: Infocatcher
Compatibility: Firefox 1.5 – 55.0a1, SeaMonkey 2.0 – 2.52a1
Last update: 2017-05-16
AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/right-links/

WE: https://github.com/Infocatcher/Right_Links_WE

Description:
This extension allows to open links in new tabs with right-click directly and using “long” left-click.
This is very useful for touchpads on notebooks and for mice without middle button.
It works with links, bookmarks, history items and images.
(visit AMO for full description and screenshots)

Install/download version 0.4.1 [39.6 KiB] (this version will be updated from infocatcher.ucoz.net)

Previous versions: 0.4.0, 0.3.8.4, 0.3.8.3, 0.3.8.2, 0.3.8.1, 0.3.8, 0.3.7.2, 0.3.7.1, 0.3.7, 0.3.6.3, 0.3.6.2, 0.3.6.1, 0.3.6, 0.3.5.3, 0.3.5.2, 0.3.5.1 (full list).

Support in Russian: https://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtopic.php?id=19863
Source code and issues tracker: https://github.com/Infocatcher/Right_Links
Last edited by Infocatcher on January 20th, 2019, 10:29 am, edited 47 times in total.
This game has no name. It will never be the same. ©
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Really useful extension for touchpad users. It could be nice to add an icon in the status bar to on/off easily the extension.

Thanks
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

peuj wrote:It could be nice to add an icon in the status bar to on/off easily the extension.

I add it :)

Version 0.1.3.0 (2008.04.28)
Changes:
[+] Added icon in status bar for switch on / off.
[+] Added preference for hiding item in Tools menu and (or) icon in status bar.
[*] Now only hotkey change require restart (added preferences observer).
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Nice !!

thanks
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

I have a strange behavior with the new version. When I right click it opens well the new tab but it shows too the context menu.
I don't have this with the previous version.

Thanks
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

peuj wrote:but it shows too the context menu.

Context menu is shown on mouse down directly (instead of down – up)? For example, I see this behavior in Linux.
If it so, open about:config and set
rightlinks.debug = true
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

I'm using Firefox 2 on Vista.

Using rightlinks.debug = true solves my problem.

Thanks
Peuj

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.1.3.0

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

I have 2 requests:

1 - Could you update the Compatibility to the Final Firefox 3?
2 - Could you add an option to disable Right Links on specific links like the links to download files? When I click on such links it opens a blank tab before to download the file. It's the normal behavior but it's not good for me. I know I can use "Ctrl" to disable the Right Links but it should be better if it could be done automatically.

Thanks
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

1 - Could you update the Compatibility to the Final Firefox 3?

It is already compatible, but I have forgotten to update the description here...

2 - Could you add an option to disable Right Links on specific links like the links to download files?

I'll think about it. But the main difficulty is in detection of such links.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Infocatcher wrote:It is already compatible, but I have forgotten to update the description here...

Strange because I've installed it and my Firefox say it's not compatible with Firefox 3 so I had to disable the addon-compatibility.

Infocatcher wrote:I'll think about it. But the main difficulty is in detection of such links.

Maybe you could "simply" check the extension at the end of the link and propose a list to set by the users like it's done in Tab Mix Plus?

Thanks
andy100

Post by andy100 »

Really useful extension.

I would like to have the link open up in the tab already open. Is it possible with this extension ? Thanks in advance.
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

Peuj wrote:and my Firefox say it's not compatible with Firefox 3 so I had to disable the addon-compatibility.

I think, this is AMO bug: I can change maxVersion (without uploading new version of extension), but after that the downloaded extension is incompatible.

Peuj wrote:Maybe you could "simply" check the extension at the end of the link and propose a list to set by the users like it's done in Tab Mix Plus?

I can add a regular expression for testing links like following:
rightlinks.checkForFilesLinks = true
rightlinks.filesLinksMask = "^[^\?]+\.(zip|rar|7z|exe)$"
And load match links in current tab like left-click.

andy100 wrote:I would like to have the link open up in the tab already open. Is it possible with this extension ?

Like Highlander ?
I can add compatibility with this extension.
andy100

Post by andy100 »

Thanks for the response. What I would like is that left click opens in a new tab directly without context menu. And right click opens in the tab already open. Any ideas anybody ?
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Infocatcher wrote:I can add a regular expression for testing links like following:
rightlinks.checkForFilesLinks = true
rightlinks.filesLinksMask = "^[^\?]+\.(zip|rar|7z|exe)$"
And load match links in current tab like left-click.

Yes that's really nice ! This could solve the blank tab issue.
But I would like too an option to disable Right Links (like if I use Ctrl) on this "rightlinks.filesLinksMask" to be able to control my download.

Thanks
Infocatcher

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.2.0.0

Post by Infocatcher »

andy100 wrote:What I would like is that left click opens in a new tab directly without context menu. And right click opens in the tab already open.

It is possible, but now I have no time for development...
This can my other extension – Handy Links (warning: this is test versions!). Sorry, this page is now available only in Russian (and translation by Google is ugly :)).

Peuj wrote:But I would like too an option to disable Right Links (like if I use Ctrl) on this "rightlinks.filesLinksMask" to be able to control my download.

Of course! You can hold any modifier (Ctrl, Alt, Shift or Meta in Mac OS) for fully disable Right Links.

Version 0.2.0.0 (2008.06.25)
Changes:
[+] Added intercepting of right-clicks on bookmarks (like links).
[x] The rightlinks.sendReferrer preference has been renamed on rightlinks.sendReferer (see HTTP referer) – be careful!
[+] The rightlinks.hideBookmarksPopup preference (not hide pop-up menu after bookmark opening, if false).
[+] If Tree Style Tab extension is available, then links (but not bookmarks) will be open in child tabs.
[+] Added compatibility with Highlander extension.
[+] Left-click is imitated for the "void" links with onClick, onMouseDown or onMouseUp-handlers.
[+] The rightlinks.notifyVoidLinksWithHandlers preference – show pop-up message after click on "void" links with handlers.
[+] The rightlinks.checkForFilesLinks preference – for opening links to files (the rightlinks.filesLinksMask preference) in current tab.
[*] Default hotkey is changed to F2 (in Firefox 3.0 works Ctrl+Shift+? [Shift+/ = ?], and Ctrl+Shift+/ in previous versions) – be careful!