Unresponsive Script Error (GMail)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
gaurav200x

Unresponsive Script Error (GMail)

Post by gaurav200x »

Hi,

I get this problem while using gmail that i get error message 'Unresponsive script error'. It usually comes while gmail takes a long time to load or if FF has been opened for a couple of hours and gmail tab is also opened or when i disconnect from the internet without closing FF, so that i can resume from where I dropped.

the problem comes only in the standard version (javascript) of gmail and not html. As a result, FF becomes very unstable (mainly due to gmail) and starts consuming extremely high memory (100MB +)

I am using using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14 with a dial up internet connection. The hardware specs are Intel Mobile processor 1.6 GHz and 256 MB Ram.

I can correct the problem usually by re-starting FF but I wish a solution to this problem. Also even after i close GMail tab, the amount of memory occupied still doesn't decrease. As a result, it causes heavy load on my virtual memory reservoir.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Clear your cache. Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Network, Clear Now button.

If you are still having problems delete any cookies that have to do with the site. Tools --> Options --> Privacy, Show Cookies button

If you are not using Windows see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... x,_and_Mac
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
gaurav200x

Post by gaurav200x »

LoudNoise wrote:Clear your cache. Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Network, Clear Now button.

If you are still having problems delete any cookies that have to do with the site. Tools --> Options --> Privacy, Show Cookies button

If you are not using Windows see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... x,_and_Mac
Well in that case, I would have to re-login and reload Gmail once again. The thing is the standard takes a lot of time to load on my net connection and hence i prefer not to close the tab, but resume the work from where i left off. This saves me a lot of time too.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You don't need to do it everytime. Just once. If there is something amiss with either your cookies or with some google item in your cache this will take care of it.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."