[Ext] Fission 1.0.9 [May '09, discontinued Sept '10]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
dmnd

Bug under OS X?

Post by dmnd »

I seem to have a display bug on OS X 10.5.2 with Fission 0.9.7.1 and Firefox 3.0b5. <a href="http://bayimg.com/oaJMlaabK">Take a look at this</a> to see what I mean.

How can I help fix this?
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

doge: Fission doesn't touch the background image file at all - it just tells Firefox where to find it.

Kupfel: Locationbar² has a Fission compatibility option that you'll have to enable.

dmnd: You'll either have to update to Firefox 3.0 RC1 or downgrade Fission to version 0.9.5.
Kupfel

Post by Kupfel »

thanks for the heads up, zeniko. Never noticed the checkbox. Unfortunately, the compatibility mode of fission removes the identity-box with the favicon so that's not really an option.
Don't know why it would do that.. guess i have to find another way to fix it.
benjamintm

Post by benjamintm »

I'm using Firefox 3 RC1 on OS X 10.5.2 with Fission 0.9.7.1 and I'm getting a problem that you can see here:
http://www.samuraipanda.com/FirefoxOSX.png

Any suggestions on a fix. This is using the default skin.

Thanks,
Ben
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

Kupfel: Dão (Locationbar²'s author) has been informed about your issue.

benjamintm: Please go through the steps in this post in order to determine where the problem might be.
benjamintm

Post by benjamintm »

Thanks. Turns out an old theme (which is almost identical to the new) was the problem.

Ben
Denny Crane

Post by Denny Crane »

[post deleted]
Last edited by Denny Crane on October 15th, 2011, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

doge: If the same behavior persist for Firefox 3.0 (of which you can already download a release candidate), I'll need a screenshot of both Firefox loading and not loading. Then, I might be able to help you remotely (as I've got not access to a Linux box myself)...
Denny Crane

Post by Denny Crane »

It's just off by like a pixel. But it is annoying because any time I click on a link the GUI moves slightly and continues to move if the status message comes and goes, and when switching between tabs it is obviously very noticeable.

Obviously I have no idea about the technical aspects of extension building, but is there any way you could do as in CSS absolute positioning so that the text does not affect its surroundings?
Last edited by Denny Crane on October 9th, 2011, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

doge: I'd have preferred a screenshot of Firefox 3.0 and not the beta (which I no longer support). If the issue persists, I'll need the results of the first two steps of this post in order to create a specific fix. Until that happens, just add the following line to your userChrome.css as a temporary work-around:

Code: Select all

#urlbar #fission-status { margin-bottom: -1px !important; }
Denny Crane

Post by Denny Crane »

1) classic/1.0.
2) Linux3.0.
Last edited by Denny Crane on October 9th, 2011, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

doge: Thanks. Does <a href="http://mozilla.zeniko.ch/fission.xpi">version 0.9.7.2</a> fix your issue?
Denny Crane

Post by Denny Crane »

Yes :)

Thank you!
Denny Crane

Post by Denny Crane »

Just a quick feature request -

Might it be useful if there was an option to shorten the connection status message? Just thinking out loud. My location bar is perhaps smaller than average since I fit all my buttons and menus onto a single row - sometimes the status message fills the entire thing. Perhaps there could be an option where it leaves out the domain - like just say "Waiting" in place of "Waiting for blahblah.something.com." Same for "Connecting," "Transferring Data," "Reading," "Looking up Site."
kssekhar

some thing wrong with my browser

Post by kssekhar »

hi all

i installed fission. all was good. i changed the userchrome.css to remove help menu and i find the fission not working as desired.

the progress bar is only at the right of the address bar.

bail me out........

regards