Merge Profiles?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dylanemcgregor

Merge Profiles?

Post by dylanemcgregor »

Is there a way to merge two seperate profiles so that I can have access to all the saved passwords in a single profile? I've searched for this both on Google and the forums, but haven't got any hits.

Thanks,
Dylan
steviex

Post by steviex »

The Passwords are stored as encrypted files. Two different profiles will have different encryption keys, so you will not be able to merge these files

Bookmarks can be combined using the Bookmark Manager.
I think you can merge cookies and History files by appending the files using a text editor.

For more information on transferring data between profiles, see this http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
dylanemcgregor

Post by dylanemcgregor »

Thanks. I have no bookmarks or cookies, but I do have a couple of hundred stored passwords in each file, so I was looking for a god way to merge them together. Is there even a good way to print them out, or export to another application first? Or am I going to need to manually copy them down by hand?
steviex

Post by steviex »

Install this Extension.... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2848

You can export both password files as CSV files, then combine them in a text editor, then reimport them ....

I should have thought of this in my first response :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
dylanemcgregor

Post by dylanemcgregor »

Excellent! Thanks very much for your help. You've probably saved me at least a couple of hours of boring work.
steviex

Post by steviex »

No worries... Happy to help :)