[ext] FlashGot 1.0 - Lord of the Links

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
floxtr

Post by floxtr »

Thanks for the support to Leech. I have a suggestion, would you add support for redirects from www.linkdirecto.com ?
The URL used is http://www.linkdirecto.com/noref.php?ur ... p?t=659001 .
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@floxtr:
could you show me some link redirected that way?
stef_204

sourceforge downloads NOT handled properly

Post by stef_204 »

Giorgio,

I have been using Flashgot with FDM for ages--but I have NEVER been able to handle sourceforge downloads properly with that setup.
Even with the latest FG version, the download turns into a file called "downloading.php"--each time I try.

Either:

- the sourceforge issue is not properly addressed in your code (you state it *is* addressed properly; I have no reason to challenge that, in light of the great work you have done)
- the error lies at the FDM level (it seems that is a distinct possibility)
- I am doing something wrong, e.g not configuring a setting properly

I have tried many times to resolve this issue but ALWAYS have to by pass FG with Alt+Shft, on Sourceforge.

Can you help resolve this?

If not solvable with FDM, can you recommend another downloaded (freeware/opensource please) that DOES handle sourceforge properly with FG?

Thanks!

PS I just realized that this happens ALSO in Linux and the download manager there is just wget; so I am going to have to say that so far, the common denominator is DG. Unless, both DL managers are faulty....

I use FF 2.0.0.14, WinXP and FF 2.0.0.13 Linux Mandriva FG 1.0 currently
Last edited by stef_204 on May 26th, 2008, 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
therube

Post by therube »

Linkdirectedto: http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/11295 ... tarra.html

Works already, but only of value if you have a paid (Rapidshare, assuming it links to RS) account (unless it's Happy Hour, but then nothing is happy with rapidshare - unless you like cats).

@stef_204, do you have a specific URL where this occurs?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
stef_204

Post by stef_204 »

therube: ALL sourceforge downloads--pick ANY....
mozillaboy

Post by mozillaboy »

My friend has url shortcuts in the quick launch toolbar, and when she tries to open a site, a box says that Windows can't find the url. When she moves the shortcuts to the desktop, no problem. I tried that and had the same problem, but updating to v1.0 fixed it, but not for her. :? This problem only occurs when she has FlashGot installed.
pgreco

Post by pgreco »

Giorgio: I'm having trouble redirecting to getright when downloading from intel's website (downloadcenter.intel.com), how can I debug anything to help testing?
thanks.
Pablo.
P.S.: My UA is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008052606 Minefield/3.0pre and I'm using FlasGot 1.0
therube

Post by therube »

A lot of hoops you have to jump through with Intel.

First JavaScript needs to be enabled.

Start here:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Pick something, say INF Update Utility. Takes you here:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... 8&lang=eng

Select the download, the English version. Takes you here: Downloads

Where you click yet again. Taking you here:
Downloads & Readme.TXT.

The download itself is then started automatically. The only way I see to grab it is by waiting for the download prompt to appear, then selecting FlashGot on the dialog. Otherwise the download link is obfuscated by JavaScript.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
pgreco

Post by pgreco »

That's what happens to me, flashgot takes the download automatically and the link is obfuscated (non existent host)
wroot

Post by wroot »

stef_204, i know what you are talking about, sf.net downloads is a real PITA. Some time ago i have found a workaround for that. I have turned on automatic interception of ALL downloads in FlashGot. And that worked, sf.net automatic downloads were working, so i havent had to press direct link. But now i have realized this doesnt work anymore either. Dont know what has changed (sf.net or flashgot). I think i was able to download normally few days ago. And i have upgraded FG to 0.9.9 and now 1.0. Now it always produces fake files with sf.net redirects when i try to specify filename in FDM before downloading.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@stef_204, wroot:
I just tried the first project I found in sf.net homepage, http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=209563
I did alt+click (the same as FlashGot Link) on the first zip listed, and it worked fine just fine on FDM, which received the mirror link already resolved by FlashGot and downloaded a 666KB file.

Am I missing something? is there any other specific link I should try?
BTW, did you disable FDM's own integration plugin as suggested for FlashGot usage?
floxtr

Post by floxtr »

Hi Giorgio, just like that, but seems to be that in 1.0 is working. before 1.0 I always got downloaded noref.php files. I'm trying now but downloads are working good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/11814695..._tb_sm.xpi.zip

Great addon :)

P.S: I posted here because the announce of 1.0, before try it.

P.S. 2: After take a look to the changelog, maybe I found why is working now:
- Improved Speed Download 5 support
pgreco

Post by pgreco »

I think I've found something about intel's downloads. If you click on therube's third link, and then go to next page, download fails, but if you go directly to the download page (fourth link) it works ok. The only difference on flashgot.fgt is what giorgio calls in his comments as "referrer referrer". So I've commented that line from the flashgot.fgt generation and works ok now. Haven't tested if it breaks something else, but as far as I can understand, it's only used for getright under a commentary that says "supplermentary post-command (Flashgot.cpp, line 461). To sum up, all I've changed was line 331 on flashgotService.js from

Code: Select all

job += "\n" + links.document.referrer + "\n" + links.document.cookie + "\n";
to

Code: Select all

job += "\n\n" + links.document.cookie + "\n";
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@pgreco:
Thanks for your insight.
Could you check if the original, unpatched version works just unchecking FlashGot Options|General|Use togetright.exe whenever possible?