[ext] Fast Dial 2.1 for Firefox

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
bertyhell

Post by bertyhell »

ok

found it

its the addon "snap links"

https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/4336

any chance youll be able to fix it?
telega

Post by telega »

Snap Links is buggy. I installed it under Firefox 2.0.0.14 and every time I right-click to open context menu (even not in Fast Dial) an exception is printed to console:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIDOMXULDocument_MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH.popupRangeParent]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://browser/content/browser.js :: anonymous :: line 3940" data: no]
Source File: chrome://browser/content/browser.js
Line: 3940

So I guess you should contact Snap Links author.
bertyhell

Post by bertyhell »

problem fixed: deleted addon and got: copy links
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/605

couldn't contact the maker of snap links
he didn't leave email

thx for the support :)
arnie1066

Version 1.89 Options Overflow

Post by arnie1066 »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned,, but the Appearance 'Tab' on the options window has two elements that overflow the frame, they are
Font Size & Clear Button

This is under Win XP
Firefox 3RC1
with:
Adblock Plus
Adblock Filterset
Customize Google
Stumble Upon
URL Flipper (Manually Tweaked MaxVersion Field)
Wizz RSS
Tab Mix Plux (Dev Build: 0.3.6.1.080416)
The more you know the more people hassle you!
telega

Post by telega »

arnie1066, please try latest Fast Dial available at http://telega.phpnet.us/fastdial/, I hope it should have the problem fixed.
ballegator

Server Error

Post by ballegator »

I haven't had reason to add any more pages to my Fast Dial until today. I tried both with the context menu (right clicking and adding it) and with manually adding it to the front page. I kept getting Fast Dial Error: Server 404 not found. I came to your support page and installed the latest version and still get the same error. Any clues?

I did the Error Console thing mentioned in your FAQ but I can't figure out how to copy the whole thing. I can copy individual sections but not the whole thing.
ballegator

Here...

Post by ballegator »

are some of what was in the Error Console. If you need the whole thing let me know and I'll take some time to copy it all.

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIURI.host]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://xcm/content/xcmOverlay.js :: anonymous :: line 257" data: no]
Source File: chrome://xcm/content/xcmOverlay.js
Line: 257

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8007000e (NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY) [nsIDOMWindowInternal.atob]" nsresult: "0x8007000e (NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://fastdial/content/thumbnail.js :: anonymous :: line 77" data: no]
Source File: chrome://fastdial/content/thumbnail.js
Line: 77

Error: Fast Dial Error: Server error: 404 Not Found
Source File: chrome://fastdial/content/utils.js
Line: 124

Error: GA_googleFillSlot is not defined
Source File: http://www.kongregate.com/
Line: 239
ballegator

Post by ballegator »

It appears the problem has something to do with the Userlogo.com site. When I switched away from it, everything was fine.
telega

Post by telega »

ballegator, I had already answered this question. Userlogos.org scaling had been turned off because site has almost reached its monthly traffic limit.
andrewsh

"Find Logo" ... is for what?

Post by andrewsh »

I found the "Find Logo" option when pressing the right mouse button over a fast dial URL. But I can't find anything about this in the manual. What is it for?

I assumed I'd be able to assign a logo to a url rather than the original image taken from the site? Is this possible to do? (as is seen in 2 of the images of the Add On preview).
telega

Post by telega »

andrewholgate,
yes, you can assing logos. Please read How-To written by one of the active FD users: http://userlogos.org/node/795
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

telega wrote:andrewholgate,
yes, you can assing logos. Please read How-To written by one of the active FD users: http://userlogos.org/node/795

Ah ok, great. Looks a lot better now.

Very nice Add On, it's already making my online life a little smoother :)

It would be a nice feature to "add a logo", automatically showing the selection of logos (from the site) and letting the user just click to make the association.

Cheers
BobRooney

Post by BobRooney »

Hi!

(Firstly sorry for my english :) )
I just started to use the ext, and it's really good, but i already run into a problem. I start FF, the FD page shows and if i would like to open a bookmark from the bookmarks menu (basically it opens in a new tab) it opens in the FD tab.
And an idea from the SpeedDial: There is a "Set as Speed dial" menu item, where u can easily add new item, not only to the next empty place, and u can easily change an existing item. Or maybe we could drag page from the tab bar to a used or an empty FD thumbnail.
telega

Post by telega »

BobRooney
I don't know, maybe bookmark is opened in Fast Dial tab because FD looks like an empty page to the browser.

andrewholgate, BobRooney
Sorry, currently don't have time for these changes.
BobRooney

Post by BobRooney »

telega wrote:BobRooney
I don't know, maybe bookmark is opened in Fast Dial tab because FD looks like an empty page to the browser.

I know that, but if you'll have some time, could you solve this problem somehow?