[Ext]Show Parent Folder

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Alice0775

[Ext]Show Parent Folder

Post by Alice0775 »

This is a extension for firefox3.0 (In SandBox)
Show Parent Folder 1.3
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7372

Show Parent Folder in list view of Library.
This can display folder hierarchy optionally.
This extension may fix a Bug 196509 – Search for bookmark should show parent folder.
It becomes more convenient when you use "Go Parent Folder " (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7377 ) together with this.

In addition,
The extension confirmed that it functioned only on WindowsXP
Because I do not have the other OS. I can not confirm on the other OS.
However, this may work on other OS because I do not use the function that is peculiar to windows.

As for me, English is not a first language.
Please use a simple sentence structure and vocabulary as possible when you reply to me.
Last edited by Alice0775 on June 16th, 2008, 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
psm1949

Post by psm1949 »

Thanks for this extension! I've been using Minefield since May 2007 and missed this functionality since places was re-enabled.
Satisfied user since Phoenix 0.1
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Version 1.3 released.

Now, This can display folder hierarchy optionally.
MrGumby

Re: [Ext]Show Parent Folder

Post by MrGumby »

Could you clarify exactly what this does?

It adds a 'parent folder' option to the columns in the library - right?

Anything else? (I am not particularly looking for anything else, just want to know).
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

MrGumby wrote:Could you clarify exactly what this does?

It adds a 'parent folder' option to the columns in the library - right?

Anything else? (I am not particularly looking for anything else, just want to know).

Yes, This extension is a function only for it.
bugblatter

Post by bugblatter »

Hi again Alice,

The very second extension I needed after installing FF3, and you wrote that too (the other one was Multi-row Bookmarks Toolbar), that's a coincidence. Thanks for doing this. I tried it and it works great so far. I also tried Go Parent Folder, which is also very useful.

Is there any chance you could combine the two into one extension (Go Parent Folder + Show Parent Folder) ? Just a thought since they go naturally together and would take up less space (in my (long) Addons list).
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

arete7 wrote:Is there any chance you could combine the two into one extension (Go Parent Folder + Show Parent Folder) ? Just a thought since they go naturally together and would take up less space (in my (long) Addons list).
In fact Alice-san has several small extensions that extend the functionality of Places in one way or another. Perhaps it would be more efficient to combine them into one extension? お願いします?

Phil
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

Very simple, very nice. Thank you, Alice.
maybe_1356

Post by maybe_1356 »

Hi Alice, this is an incredibly handy addon, I was searching for this kind of thing maybe for a year! Good work, can I suggest something and in fact ask for it? :D Could you add a function that makes the option available also in the Bookmarks sidebar? Now you must go to the Library to see the info. Can you add it maybe in the Properties for bookmarks in the Bookmarks sidebar?
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

(Lililita) wrote:Hi Alice, this is an incredibly handy addon, I was searching for this kind of thing maybe for a year! Good work, can I suggest something and in fact ask for it? :D Could you add a function that makes the option available also in the Bookmarks sidebar? Now you must go to the Library to see the info. Can you add it maybe in the Properties for bookmarks in the Bookmarks sidebar?

How about Go Parent Folder 1.4?
Add "Go Parent Folder" menu to context menu in The Library list view and Search result in Bookmarks Sidebar.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7377
maybe_1356

Post by maybe_1356 »

Well this isn't exactly what I meant, but ok, thank you. I support the idea to put these two wonderful features into one extension... What do YOU think about it?
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

(Lililita) wrote:Well this isn't exactly what I meant, but ok, thank you. I support the idea to put these two wonderful features into one extension... What do YOU think about it?

Ex Bookmark Properties2.6 (In SandBox)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7396
This extension provide "Folder picker" in right click properties.
robertmarley

Post by robertmarley »

hey Alice0775 :)
I like both your Go Parent Folder and Show Parent Folder add-ons [Thumbs up]...
But I would like to request a feature for Show Parent Folder add-on...
First when I read this on the AMO site:
Show Parent Folder AMO site wrote:Search for bookmark should show parent folder

Then how I understand/expect what the add-on does, is only adding this feature when searching/to search results in Library.
Having installed the add-on I find out that if you enable to show the "Parent Folder" pane in your search result, the pane also shows when not searching. The pane is also showed when you browse in your bookmark folders... I don't like that. When I have browsed to a folder, I know that I'm in that folder :P. So:
Could you please make it possible to show the "Parent Folder" pane in your search results only, and then make it optional (option in Tools => Add-ons => Show Parent Folder) to have it shown in the entire Library/on non-search results?
Cheers/Peace
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

robertmarley wrote:hey Alice0775 :)
Having installed the add-on I find out that if you enable to show the "Parent Folder" pane in your search result, the pane also shows when not searching. The pane is also showed when you browse in your bookmark folders... I don't like that. When I have browsed to a folder, I know that I'm in that folder :P.

Because it is a thing displaying the structure of the tree of Places...
Anyway, I make an effort to consider your request.
cma6

Post by cma6 »

This Add-on did not work for me. When I opened my bookmarks sidebar, did a search for a bookmark, then rightclicked the bookmark, it did not show parent folder.