miniT 20110327

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
johnleemk

Post by johnleemk »

Ok, is there something in the JavaScript console, or happens anything else while scrolling?

None at all when I hover my cursor over the tabbar and scroll. :?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b) Gecko/20050205 Firefox/1.0+
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

clav wrote:
jedbro wrote: * A good Short description (e.g. "This extension adds a toolbar button, allowing you to...")

that is a truly awful suggestion for a short description. they're meant to be about 10 words, and should not include such useless fluff as "this extension ..."

also the comma after "button" is rather dubious. it's the button that lets you do something, not the act of the extension adding a button.

Duh, that's what I get for Copy-Pasting what someone else wrote :) (Djst)

re-phrased
* A good Short description (e.g. "Adds additional functionallity to tab browsing.")
mai9

Post by mai9 »

dorando wrote:
mai9 wrote:Could it be that dragging tabs to a folder created .url links?

Yup, tabs are now also draggable as text/x-moz-url and text/html. (This was orginally in, but removed since I had previously some problems which I can't reproduce anymore)

thanks, I'll try new versions, v0.7.0.1 didn't have that. btw, can you add the version string in the options extensions list?
dorando

Post by dorando »

mai9 wrote:btw, can you add the version string in the options extensions list?

Should've done that, but then I didn't expect a new release so soon... I'll add it for next release.

johnleemk wrote:None at all when I hover my cursor over the tabbar and scroll. :?

Yeah, that would have made it easier... sigh...
Could you try to disable all other extensions, if you havn't already? Also change your theme back to default if you use another.

If that doesn't help, try miniT-tabscroll.xpi which contains only this feature.

If that doesn't work either, well... :-k
doeddeldom

Post by doeddeldom »

Great extension, but it seems there is a conflict with the extension "Session Saver 0.2". When SS restores previous sessions and i open a bookmark (bookmark toolbar) then a blank page comes up.

I am using
- Session Saver 0.2
- latest miniT 0.7.x.x
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040114 Firebird/0.7+
frease

Post by frease »

I am using session saver with minit too and have no problems so far except that after shifting the tabs using minit, session saver does not remember the tabs arrangement.
doeddeldom

Post by doeddeldom »

Ok. I did a new, clean install of Firebird Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040120 Firebird/0.7+. Created a new profile and installed Session Saver 0.2 and miniT 0.7.0.2. No other extensions are installed. With this configuration i got the above described behavior. IF I disable miniT Session Saver works fine.
dorando

Post by dorando »

doeddeldom wrote:Great extension, but it seems there is a conflict with the extension "Session Saver 0.2". When SS restores previous sessions and i open a bookmark (bookmark toolbar) then a blank page comes up.

I can reproduce this by installing Session Saver after miniT (or simply not into the profile) and having auto restore enabled.
This happened because Session Saver restores the session before miniT has modified the neccessary functions. #-o

New version uploaded. (hopefully that doesn't break something else...)

frease wrote:I am using session saver with minit too and have no problems so far except that after shifting the tabs using minit, session saver does not remember the tabs arrangement.

miniT doesn't modify the real tab order just its visual order (via ordinal), so this is to be expected.
It should be possible to add support (from either side) to do this, but nothing is ready yet.
doeddeldom

Post by doeddeldom »

Just installed the new version and it seems to work fine .... thanx!
frease

Post by frease »

I can't access the downloads. got this at your site:

This is a server generated list.

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [ls -a ../projects/mozilla/] in /home/dorando/www/dorando.emuverse.com/html/index.html on line 24

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/dorando/www/dorando.emuverse.com/html/index.html on line 26
dorando

Post by dorando »

frease wrote:I can't access the downloads. got this at your site:

Saw it too, but it seems to work now again. Something might have been upgraded...
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

dorando wrote:miniT doesn't modify the real tab order just its visual order (via ordinal), so this is to be expected.
It should be possible to add support (from either side) to do this, but nothing is ready yet.

This is a real problem when you go to scroll through the tabs using keyboard shortcuts, as it scrolls through them in some crazy non-sensical order... and I can't get my bookmarks to open in a different tab, let alone a new focused/unfocused one.

EDIT: okay, something is causing me to skip every second tab when scrolling with the keyboard, and i don't know what... it didn't start happening until I installed adblock i think... hmm...

EDIT2: Alright, I no longer suspect Adblock, I disabled the extension, and the behaviour continued. I also found that it only seemed to happen AFTER i created some new tabs. It seems that they are confused. It seems mixing new tabs with ones from a previous session is a no-no. I guess you could call this a conflict with Session Saver... but then again, switching tabs using the scrollwheel over the tabbar seems to be flawless... Please have a look and correct the tab switching via keyboard functionality, or provide me access to the wheel mouse switcher with the keyboard
dorando

Post by dorando »

TychoQuad wrote:This is a real problem when you go to scroll through the tabs using keyboard shortcuts, as it scrolls through them in some crazy non-sensical order...

I'm unable to reproduce it. miniT modifies associated functions, so that shouldn't happen... which keyboard shortcuts do you use? Its especially strange that this happens if scrolling on the tab bar works...

TychoQuad wrote:and I can't get my bookmarks to open in a different tab, let alone a new focused/unfocused one.

:-k, happens anything else instead?
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab. Using these shortcuts will usually (not always) cause every second tab to be skipped, only leapfrog between two tabs, or when there's only 2 tabs open, will insanely fast-switch to the other tab and back again, when you only perform the command once.

And yeah, it opens the link in the current tab... extremely annoying! Although i have since learned that I can middle-click on bookmarks :)

After a fresh profile, I installed the following extensions:

Toolbar Enhancements v0.11
Session Saver 0.2d
miniT (of course)
Adblock
Tabbrowser Prefrences

All latest versions. Firebird 0.8 branch build 20th of Janurary

(Edited SS version to be correct :) )
Last edited by TychoQuad on January 23rd, 2004, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
frease

Post by frease »

I have the same extensions as you, TychoQuad, except Adblock and TBP and I have no problems here. Perhaps you should check on Adblock and TBP. Maybe they conflict with Minit :)