[Ext] TotalToolbar 1.9.3 [2013-08-11]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Indeed. The 0:0 item is gone now. :)
alf_nl

issue with Googlebar Lite extension

Post by alf_nl »

Hi,
I installed TotalToolbar v. 1.2 on Fx 3.0rc1 today. Great extension.
But, I discovered a problem with the extension Googlebar Lite v. 4.6.6.
Before I installed TT, I moved the Googlebar Lite icons from its own toolbar to the navigation bar and hided the now empty Googlebar Lite toolbar.
After installation of TT, the hided Googlebar Lite toolbar appears again and I can't hide it anymore. There is an useless empty toolbar now between the bookmarks bar and the tabbar which takes valuable browser space.
I've tried to uninstall Googlebar Lite and install it again (with TT installed), but that doesn't solve the problem.
Is this a bug to solve or can I change/add some setting myself to solve this?
alf_nl

Re: issue with Googlebar Lite extension

Post by alf_nl »

alf_nl wrote:Hi,
Before I installed TT, I moved the Googlebar Lite icons from its own toolbar to the navigation bar and hided the now empty Googlebar Lite toolbar.
After installation of TT, the hided Googlebar Lite toolbar appears again and I can't hide it anymore. There is an useless empty toolbar now between the bookmarks bar and the tabbar which takes valuable browser space.
I've tried to uninstall Googlebar Lite and install it again (with TT installed), but that doesn't solve the problem.

I solved this problem by putting the Googlebar Lite toolbar on/off toggle button to the toolbar, clicking it hided the Googlebar Lite toolbar and it stayed hided after removing the Googlebar Lite toolbar on/off toggle button.
alf_nl

Re: issue with Googlebar Lite extension

Post by alf_nl »

alf_nl wrote:
alf_nl wrote:Hi,

I solved this problem by putting the Googlebar Lite toolbar on/off toggle button to the toolbar, clicking it hided the Googlebar Lite toolbar and it stayed hided after removing the Googlebar Lite toolbar on/off toggle button.

Hmm, the problem is persisting then I thought...
Restarting Fx bring back the empty Googlebar Lite toolbar. I have to switch it off as above each time.
Hope you can find a definite solution...
alta88

Post by alta88 »

thanks for the detailed report, a new version with a simple fix will be released soon.
alf_nl

Post by alf_nl »

alta88 wrote:thanks for the detailed report, a new version with a simple fix will be released soon.

Thank you!
alta88

Post by alta88 »

alf_nl

Post by alf_nl »

Works perfectly now with Googlebar Lite.
Thanks for the fix.
RLSpencer

Status Bar Issues

Post by RLSpencer »

Can you add some way to completely turn off the status bar management functions in this extension?

I tried it today, and the status bar management is so messed up. First, it is completely incompatible with McAfee SiteAdvisor; it won't let it show up in the status bar at all... it forces it to stay hidden in the configuration dialog box. Next, everything in the status bar keeps moving around. And now, when I click 'Customize Statusbar...'; it opens the dialog to customize the TOOLBARS. Thinking that maybe resetting everything would clear the status bar; I clicked the restore default set button; and it trashed all my toolbars but did nothing for my status bar.

The only way I could get any control at all over my status bar was to install the 'Organize Status bar' extension and utilize it. Even then, I still cannot get the SiteAdvisor into my status bar as your extension has permanently hidden it.

Your extension does a fantastic job with the toolbars; but it has really hosed up the status bar completely (and it did that LONG before I installed 'Organize status bar' to try to fix it.

So if there was some way I could completely deactivate all of the status bar functionality and just use the toolbar functions (which work perfectly); that would be great.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

first, the homepage is clear about TotalToolbar not working with OSB. which version of TT do you have? are there console errors? please post a link to the mcafee extension.

in general, extensions do lots of 'interesting' things in statusbar, and unlike toolbar buttons, it's a freeforall. and i can't test every extension and won't hardcode exceptions for particular extensions unless it's a general case bug. so your idea of disabling statusbar functions has merit, i'll consider a hidden pref for it.

restore default set should work to set things back, it's pretty clear in the customize dialog (plenty of text/title) indicating you're in statusbar customize vs toolbar.
RLSpencer

Post by RLSpencer »

I only installed OSB AFTER I had so many problems within the status bar (especially being unable to get to the customize dialog anymore) so I could try to restore some order to it. And ironically, the 2 extensions did seem to work pretty well together.

I wasn't seeing any console errors; and I was using version 1.3 of your extension.

Unfortunately, I can't help you any further at this time; as I had to remove the extension and stop using it. I only installed the extension so I could move a couple of my toolbars to the bottom of the browser and customize them with small icons. But with the havoc the extension was causing in the status bar, I just could not keep using it.

When I had it installed, the 'customize status bar' function no longer worked as it always opened the dialog to customize the toolbars. I had quite a few status bar items that were permanently hidden even though I hadn't hidden them myself (and couldn't have as I could not get to the dialog to customize the status bar so couldn't have hidden them). And items on the status bar kept changing positions every time I would have to restart the browser... they just refused to stay in one place (until I installed OSB which helped in that regard).

Anyway, I'm just going to try to find another solution to move my toolbars or else I'll just have to live with them up top; the status bar issues with the extension are just too severe to deal with for now. But if you can set it up somehow to disable the status bar functionality, that would be great. I could still move my toolbars without having to deal with having status bar items disappearing on me and no way to get them back.
tgrantt

Addressbar

Post by tgrantt »

I used to use the statusbar toolbar extension, and, while imperfect, one advantage it had was that it was resizeable. That way, I put my addressbar in the statusbar, and turned off the menu bar, (or whatever it is called.) Any chance that this could work with TT? I can't get it to expand large enough to read in the status bar, and it seems to be broken when typing into it.

Thanks to the author for making this great extension, and sorry for complaining.
bomb fight capitalist scramble missle worm destroy
--The NSA's going to love me!
Kenosee Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada
alta88

Post by alta88 »

heh, that's one i didn't try.. you can move urlbar to any other custom toolbar, like under tabs, and even it a tab toolbar, and it works. but something about being in a statusbar toolbar breaks it. it works a bit after restart but tab switching seem to break it. i'll take a look at some point..

as for width, yes, everything is competing down there, and it isn't possible for the extension to know what should take precedence. Fx sets the width and min-width at 7em for #urlbar. you can set a css style like this to make it as wide as you want:

Code: Select all

#urlbar {
  width: 37em;
}
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

Hi alta88, I have the 2 ids of the icons I've added to the tabbar.

Could u tell me the userchrome code to get them down to 16 x 16.

The ids are

btn_undoclose

btn_tabslist

thanks.
alta88

Re: [Ext] TotalToolbar 1.3 [2008-06-04]

Post by alta88 »

if the image is a direct child of the button id, this will do it:

Code: Select all

#btn_undoclose > image {
  max-width: 16px !important; max-height: 16px !important;
}

but proper buttons should have a small and large iconset, which you should toggle in customize and rt click context options.. if they don't follow the Fx conventions for this, you should complain to the author.