Cannot click and open web links in emails.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
emjayell

Cannot click and open web links in emails.

Post by emjayell »

I click on web links in emails, and nothing happens. Aren't they supposed to open in Firefox? Please reply to [e-mail address removed --RAF]. Thanks.
emjayell

Links in emails.

Post by emjayell »

I've done some searching, and it seems that T'bird is so into protecting the user, that links simply aren't clickable and openable, UNLESS some fairly complex things are done so deep down that I'll never be able to comprehend. Someone has told me I can find something under Edit --> Preferences --> General, etc, but, as I've indicated in another post, I ain't got no Preferences!!!
charles

Post by charles »

That usually means your OS has forgotten what the default browser is. Check the knowledge base at http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser
makaiguy

Re: Links in emails.

Post by makaiguy »

emjayell wrote:Someone has told me I can find something under Edit --> Preferences --> General, etc, but, as I've indicated in another post, I ain't got no Preferences!!!

See: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... x,_and_Mac
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
old tel

same as "emjayell" I click on web links in emails,

Post by old tel »

this question was posted nearly two years ago, did anyone solve it? I ask as I am having the same problem with my new PC running VISTA, my old PC & note book are OK running XP & an old PC running ubuntu, but this new notebook will not open links in Thunderbird, it won't even open the "Help" link, can anyone help!!!!
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Umm, may I ask why you dug up such an old thread?
Sometimes the OP doesn't answer.
Please just start your own thread. Thanks.

ps. Did you try the posted link?
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
old tel

not opening links

Post by old tel »

Thanks for getting back, as regarding an "old thread" it may be for you but it's a new one for me! What I couldn't understand was I have no trouble with thunderbird on my other machines, & I was wondering if I had changed some settings unknkown to me. I know I can open a page with 'copy link' but why should I!! when all I need to do is double click on the link on any other program.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Please start your own topic and we can give you some specific answers for your operating system.
rksmith613

Re: Cannot click and open web links in emails.

Post by rksmith613 »

Happened to me too, but seems I had it until I tried a simple browser add-in for Thunderbird. It was after I uninstalled the simple browser in Thunderbird that my ability to open a link disappeared. Firefox is my default browser. Unfortunately, there has also been a Firefox upgrade in that time, so, Who Knows? Links open fine in other applications such as Word which makes it seem like a Thunderbird problem.
LoudNoise

Re: Cannot click and open web links in emails.

Post by LoudNoise »

You are replying to an elderly thread (2006). Locking. Please start a new thread fully describing the problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."