Firefox 3.5 Bug evolution chart

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
supernova_00

Firefox 3.5 Bug evolution chart

Post by supernova_00 »

Please do not post any issues with Firefox in this thread. Thank you!

Click these links for the other graphs...
Daily | Weekly | Monthly
Wanted Bugs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These graphs are to show the number of bugs either fixed, blocking or nominated to block the 3.5 release of Firefox. Firefox 3.5 is currently scheduled for release in 2009. The links below are queries showing the bugs that block, requesting to block or fixed Firefox 3.5 blockers. I will update the graph once a day around the nightly release to show the progress of each day.

Queries used for Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 blocker bugs:
Fixed 3.5 Blockers
Bugs accepted to block 3.5
Bugs nominated to block 3.5

Queries used for Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 wanted bugs:
Fixed wanted bugs
Wanted bugs
Nominated to want bugs
Last edited by LoudNoise on June 30th, 2009, 8:38 am, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: Unstuck
kliu0x52

Re: Firefox 3.1 Bug evolution chart

Post by kliu0x52 »

You should also track the wanted flags. The new policy for 1.9.1/3.1 is for the blocking flag to be used only for showstoppers that they'll hold ship for, and wanted for everything else, and that people should not request blocking unless it meets that very high criteria. So blocking will be used less, and wanted will be used more for 1.9.1/3.1.
My addons: NoRedirect | QuickDrag | URL Flipper | TabSubmit
Developers: Make sure to test your addons for RTL compatibility!
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Ahhh ok, I will definintly also use the wanted flags then. I was thinking about it before but figure it was pointless until reading your explanation. Thanks!

------

BTW I still need to fix the query and results for the fixed blockers.
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Added a chart for wanted bugs, see link in first post.
bdcomp

Post by bdcomp »

Please stick the topic.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Stickying....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
i.of.the.storm

Post by i.of.the.storm »

Can you post the bugzilla query for wanted bugs? I can't seem to figure out how to find those. Nice charts regardless, this is a really cool and innovative use of google docs.
Edit: Awesome! Just have to say how cool it is that the forums now post the useragent string for you, so you don't have to put it in your sig or anything like that, and people trying to help don't have to bug new users about it.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Its basically what the Moderators could always see in the old setup. It does help enormously, especially now we have Firefox 3, where the same problem in Firefox 2 and 3 may have totally different causes and solutions....
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

i.of.the.storm wrote:Can you post the bugzilla query for wanted bugs?
Done
dsicore

Post by dsicore »

Did you automate these so the graph is updated daily? If so, I've a few other queries you could add. ;-)
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Nope, google docs doesn't do a very good job at it. It also doesn't support a function I needed that would have made things completly automated because it said it was a "Circular Dependency" but excel let me do it :(
Peja Stija

Post by Peja Stija »

This 3.1,

Does this mean will don't have to expect some 3.0.1 version (as was the case with v2.x, where we had some bugfix like every month ?) ?

It seems quite a ton of bugs are allready fixed, and most of the users use the rather "buggy" 3.0 final.
Stifu

Post by Stifu »

Peja Stija wrote:Does this mean will don't have to expect some 3.0.1 version (as was the case with v2.x, where we had some bugfix like every month ?) ?

Don't worry, 3.0.1 should come up this month. There is ongoing development for both 3.0 and 3.1 (not to mention 2.0.0.x).
steviex

Post by steviex »

No... 3.0.1 is the next version of 3.0 to fix security issues and stability fixes.

3.1.0 is the next version that is being developed. This is what is being built on the trunk at the moment. Version 3.1.0 is due for release at the end of the year.

The two are totally different.

3.0.1 will be a STABLE release, to fix issues in 3.0 (including a Security Problem), and will be out soon.

3.1 is a PRERELEASE testing version that is still in the process of being Built. This is what is called MINEFIELD. This should only be used by Testers.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
khelben1979

Post by khelben1979 »

Looking forward to using 3.1! Will there be any speed improvements?