[Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
rue

[Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Post by rue »

So yea- SessionSaver is awesome... except it doesn't handle multiple-windows quite right. And it doesn't support Mozilla. And it doesn't restore scroll-states. And doesn't crash-recover. Or, at least <a href="http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla">it</a> couldn't...

..Until now.
SessionSaver .2d (rewritten by rue): <a href="http://adblock.ethereal.net/SessionSaver/sessionsaver-02-dev.xpi">Installer</a>, and <a href="http://adblock.ethereal.net/SessionSaver/sessionsaver.jar">jar-file</a>.

rue

Post by rue »

Btw, here's a more detailed changelog, for those who dislike source:
    Remembers all open windows:
    Remembers window-chrome settings (toolbars, etc.)
    Remembers window position / size
    Remembers every tab's scroll-state
    Remembers every tab's history scroll-states (in dev.)
    Stores only 1 pref-string per window
    Writes prefs to disk for every tab/window open + close
    Captures complete session-state on shutdown-request
    Writes flag on shutdown-request /
    Crash-recovers prior session if flag wasn't written
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Like I said in my other thread, It looks like your version of SS now far exeeds TBE's equivalent behaviour... Thanks!

EDIT: Installed, and have a few problems... Note that some of these probs may also be caused by miniT

1> On restoration of tabs in a previous session, I will have 2 copies of the tab that was in focus on browser close.
2> Ctrl-Tab usually doesn't scroll through the tabs in the correct order, and sometimes not at all...
Pike

Post by Pike »

Excellent job rue!
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

1> problem solved, dunno what caused it, but new profile fixed it.
2> Was gone for awhile, but resurfaced when i installed adblock... hmmm...

EDIT: Problem found, and your off the hook rue :P it was Toolbar Enhancements v0.11
Last edited by TychoQuad on January 23rd, 2004, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
frease

Post by frease »

jedbro

Re: SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Post by jedbro »

rue wrote:SessionSaver .2d (rewritten by rue): <a href="http://adblock.mozdev.org/sessionsaver/sessionsaver-02-dev.xpi">Installer</a>, and <a href="http://adblock.mozdev.org/sessionsaver/sessionsaver.jar">jar-file</a>.

Rue, why don't you call this by a different name?
Rue's Session Saver 0.1 or something like that.
Same with your cutemenu extensions.

The reason I mention this, is all your hard work is hidden deap into the Mozillazine Forums.
It would be great to list them on Extension-Room, or somewhere else atleaste to facilitate the re-install those of us who use them, and for new comers.

Just a thought
Pike

Re: SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Post by Pike »

jedbro wrote:Rue, why don't you call this by a different name?
Rue's Session Saver 0.1 or something like that.
Same with your cutemenu extensions.

The reason I mention this, is all your hard work is hidden deap into the Mozillazine Forums.
It would be great to list them on Extension-Room, or somewhere else atleaste to facilitate the re-install those of us who use them, and for new comers.

Just a thought

Since rue's version does everything mine does and more you may as well remove my version from the db and add rue's, probably save a lot of confusion in the long run.
rue

Post by rue »

It'd be kinda kewl to start a "TBE-Replacements" project on mozdev-- to house this and other like-minded extensions. By itself, SS doesn't seem enough to warrant a unique subdomain.
Btw, minor update posted:
    Firebird support added for multi-window recall (thanks pike)
    Firebird Tools' menuitem removed -- unneeded, thanks to extensions' pane
    tab-history recall patched for obscure infinite-loop
soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

rue wrote:It'd be kinda kewl to start a "TBE-Replacements" project on mozdev-- to house this and other like-minded extensions.
[/list]

Yeah, that'd be cool!
wget

Post by wget »

rue wrote:It'd be kinda kewl to start a "TBE-Replacements" project on mozdev[/list]

Tried PM'ing this to djst? Exposure-wise I think a mention on Firebird Help would do such a project good.
Xanager

Post by Xanager »

Hmm, 0.2d doesn't work for me. I previously had 0.2 installed and ran the installed for 0.2d. For some add reason it wasn't working. So, I removed everything from the db and tried installing again but it still doesn't work. When I install the one from Pike's website it works fine, but I don't think it is 0.2d. I did check the obvious thinks like enabling it and options :)

edit: I even started a whole new chrome folder, but still no luck. btw, I'm sort of new at all this...
rue

Post by rue »

Xanger:
I'm not sure I follow: you "removed everything from the db"?
Describe your setup: browser/build, platform, other extensions, etc. Also, with it installed, check the script console for errors: Tools > Web Development > JavaScript Console.
IGAU

Post by IGAU »

Great job with this rue! I support your idea of a TBE-Repacement project entirely. I would use very little of TBE, and I'm much happier using the extensions I have now in it's place.
Xanager

Post by Xanager »

I removed all the old sessionsaver stuff from the .rdf files removed the .jar file. Then I installed it fresh and it still didn't work. When I install the version from Pike's website, the extension still says "0.2d" in the list, but it doesn't have any of the new features 0.2d is supposed to have. However, the session storing works with it.

Let's see, I'm running XP, Firebird 0.7, other extensions are:

miniT
Things They Left Out
All-In-One Gestures
Popup Count
Tabbrowser Preferences
Adblock
SessionSaver 0.2d

When I deleted the chrome directory, and redid sessionsaver it didn't work.

I checked the JavaScript Console and there were no errors.

Thanks rue.