Firefox 3 Won't Start

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
donsmith

Firefox 3 Won't Start

Post by donsmith »

I'm having trouble starting Firefox 3. I had the same problem with previous beta versions, but even today's release still gets me no where:

http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/i ... 8-06-17-13

I've tried everything that I can find to try: firewall setting, Windows 2000 compatibility check, fresh install - nothing out of the norm and nothing seems to work. Anyone else having the same problem?
donsmith

Re: Firefox 3 Won't Start

Post by donsmith »

Posted this 2.5 hours ago and already 28 people have viewed the post. Maybe this means someone else is having the same problem? Also note that Firefox is working fine on my non-work PC and on my Mac, but my work PC (Lenovo ThinkPad T60) it's not working... and this is my high end machine....
dave0293

Post by dave0293 »

Yup, same thing happened to me. Won't start....
iLogiKs

Post by iLogiKs »

YAY! count me in the club :)
driekus

Post by driekus »

Yup same thing happened to me as well.
I successfully managed to get all the Betas running up to B3. Once I installed B4 it just would not start up. I assumed that it would be fixed in the final version but unfortunately it wasnt. I know people may ask why I did not report the bug and the reason is that I know a bit about computers but not enough for sophisticated bug reporting. I have tried starting in safe mode and disabling all plugins (namely roboform).
driekus

Post by driekus »

How bout people give some details on there computer to see if its a common program.
Operating System: Vista business 32 bit
Firewall: Comodo
Antivirus: McAfee
driekus

Post by driekus »

Sorry for the multiple posts but I solved the problem.
It appears the version of roboform I was running was not compatible.
KrAs

Post by KrAs »

Samething here, started when it first installed. After I closed it, it refuses to reopen.

XP SP3
AVG free
XP firewall
Chumpster

Post by Chumpster »

FF3 won't start for me either. I'm on Mac OSX.3.9
Egidio

Post by Egidio »

Chumpster,

Though a similar situation, you might be better off by starting your own thread. Chances are that suggestions given here in this thread could apply only to Windows. Make sure you use the word Mac in the subject. That way other Mac users can clearly see it.

Egídio
Mac OS X [10.6.4]
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Network Demi-God

Post by Network Demi-God »

I'm having the same problem, watching Process Explorer, it starts, and immediately kills itself.
XP SP3
AVG 7.5 Free
SonicWall Firewall

I even tried creating a new profile, and it does the exact same thing, safe mode refuses to run as well. I hope someone comes up with a solution soon, I've been forced to use IE again since trying to reinstall 2.0.0.14 doesn't work either, it simply crashes.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Network Demi-God

Post by Network Demi-God »

I hope this works for the rest of you, I found a solution that worked for me.

I simply installed Firefox 3 in it's own directory, ex: C:\Firefox 3\ instead of C:\Firefox\
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Curious.
Post wrangler