Mozilla 1.2

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
DIGITALgimpus

Mozilla 1.2

Post by DIGITALgimpus »

Now for the big question:

When's the release.

I though it was scheduled (I know it's always a little late) for Friday.

Are we on track for sometime this week?

Asa, can you give us a date (or your personal guess)?
Radiowriter

We live in hope...

Post by Radiowriter »

There hasn't been a fresh win32 build since Friday and 1.2 is off the trunk. The anticipation is damn near unbearable. So when? Please?
Sarcasm - Another service I offer.
Firefox 3.0 :: XP
urichter

Post by urichter »

See 1.2 tracking bug 174647, esp. its dependencies.

Still some bugs that they want fixed.
DIGITALgimpus

Post by DIGITALgimpus »

urichter wrote:See 1.2 tracking bug 174647, esp. its dependencies.

The question is what's the timeframe now?
asa

Post by asa »

DIGITALgimpus wrote:
urichter wrote:See 1.2 tracking bug 174647, esp. its dependencies.

The question is what's the timeframe now?

When it's ready. All of the release dates in the roadmap are just guidelines to help us drive things forward but we seldom (if ever) hit those dates exactly. We release Milestones when they're ready to be released :)

We have a handful of bugs that we still need to fix and we've got lots more testing to do (we can use all the help we can get testing the 1.2 branch builds but be warned that there are some mail filter incompatabilities already with the latest trunk builds). The short answer is "soon" unless we turn up major problems that aren't already known to us.

--Asa
DIGITALgimpus

Post by DIGITALgimpus »

When it's ready. All of the release dates in the roadmap are just guidelines to help us drive things forward but we seldom (if ever) hit those dates exactly. We release Milestones when they're ready to be released :)

We have a handful of bugs that we still need to fix and we've got lots more testing to do (we can use all the help we can get testing the 1.2 branch builds but be warned that there are some mail filter incompatabilities already with the latest trunk builds). The short answer is "soon" unless we turn up major problems that aren't already known to us.

--Asa

Well thanks for responding.

I take that to mean at least a week if not two.

Can't wait.
DIGITALgimpus

Post by DIGITALgimpus »

Just got the 2002111314 nightly.....

It looks wonderful!

Great job.
Sander

Post by Sander »

asa wrote:We have a handful of bugs that we still need to fix
hmm, the topcrash+ bug is no longer topcrash+ and nobody can reproduce, the x86-64 bugs have had no activity in days and don't look to me to be anywhere near finished, and the other crash bug also has a notable lack of activity with people not being able to reproduce and it probably being a dupe. That leaves just the security bug... *is hopefull that "when it's ready" will be soon* :)
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Sander wrote:
asa wrote:We have a handful of bugs that we still need to fix
hmm, the topcrash+ bug is no longer topcrash+ and nobody can reproduce, the x86-64 bugs have had no activity in days and don't look to me to be anywhere near finished, and the other crash bug also has a notable lack of activity with people not being able to reproduce and it probably being a dupe. That leaves just the security bug... *is hopefull that "when it's ready" will be soon* :)

Well, if someone gave me (or allowed me to buy) an x86-64 system I'd be more than happy trying to reproduce the bugs on this platform ;-)
http://mozilla.gunnars.net - The Mozilla Help Site
oliversl

Post by oliversl »

I'm using build ID 2002111512 and it works great.
Since there are no more big bugs left to fix, this seem to be the final 1.2
I'm so happy because WinXP classic theme is back. Now Mozilla looks like Phoenix again. Cool!
Just download the talkback.zip, unzip it and run. All is fine here with the 15-nov build.

Oliver
JLP

Post by JLP »

Gunnar wrote:Well, if someone gave me (or allowed me to buy) an x86-64 system I'd be more than happy trying to reproduce the bugs on this platform ;-)

You can say that again :)
Live long and prosper!