2004-01-28 Builds Now Available (Win32, OSX)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

2004-01-28 Builds Now Available (Win32, OSX)

Post by mscott »

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... -28-trunk/

I'm in the process of finding a new GTK2/XFT Linux build contributor since we haven't had linux builds in a while.

New Changes:
-----------------
1) Lots of fixes for the preference regressions that were going on with the trunk this week. Also a fix for the spell checker hang.

2) Fix for: If new email comes in while reading a message in the preview pane, the message scrolls back to the beginning.

3) When saving an attachment by selecting the Save as option instead of Open, we now show a progress dialog if the attachment is large enough instead of just showing progress in the status bar of the main mail window.

4) POP: Fix duplication of messages in inbox if new mail arrives while the user has the inbox open, and the inbox.msf file is out of date for some reason.

5) ctrl-n now opens a new message window or a new address book card depending on what mail window you are in.

6) Fix for users trying to install themes/extensions from a folder path that has 8-bit characters in it.

7) Fix for adding the ability to create a table from pasted data in the compose window.

I've been working on a lot of improvements to our bayesian junk filters over the last week, but none of that work is ready yet, hence the lack of major features this week. That and the fact that there were a lot of regression fires to put out.

Known Issues:
----------------
1) Regression in dragging attachments from the mail window to the desktop. We always drop the last attachment and not necessarily the attachment you selected if the message has multiple attachments.

2) Reports that last week's new feature: dragging attachments to the desktop is not working on OSX.

-Scott
Last edited by mscott on February 2nd, 2004, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
xnb

Post by xnb »

Sending receiving mails encrypted by enigmail.
Works fine and solid.
Thanks a lot!
fishbert

Re: 2004-01-28 Builds Now Available (Win32, OSX)

Post by fishbert »

My account settings dialog box is still being clipped -- prevents me from specifying account-specific SMTP servers, for example. I belive this is perhaps a machine-specific problem, since the find dialog box in both thunderbird and firebird appear to be longer than I remember them being before.

Regardless, being able to resize the dialog box would be absolutely sublime.
(I can resize the options dialog box, doesn't make sense to prevent such an action for the account settings dialog box).
RickFriedman

Post by RickFriedman »

Scott,

You asked me to enter a bug for the problem I reported concerning the fact that the default account is automatically selected as the From: account when sending a reply (even when the original message was to a different account).

Well, I hesitate to enter it now. I installed the latest nightly (20040128) and now it's working properly. I haven't been able to reproduce the bug with this build. Obviously, something changed somewhere.

Rick
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060911 SUSE/1.5.0.7-1.5 Firefox/1.5.0.7
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

Another problem: I can't seem to get Calendar (Jan. 9th version) for Thunderbird to register properly. I get an xpcom.dll error when starting Thunderbird for the first time after installing the Calendar extension. And now, whenever I try to lauch Calendar, I only get a dialog box saying it can't run because "The ICAL Component is not registered properly. blah blah blah blah. TypeError: Components.classes.@mozilla.org/ical-container;1 has no properties"

Is this expected to be broken now (until a new Calendar release, anyway)? Is something just messed up on my machine? It was working fine with the 1/21 version of Thunderbird.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

WFM :D
jschell

Post by jschell »

mscott wrote:I'm in the process of finding a new GTK2/XFT Linux build contributor since we haven't had linux builds in a while.

You can try this one if you want :
http://jschell.nerim.net/thunderbird/nightlies/

I try to update it when major changes or bug fixes occurs.

Jérôme
Barleyman

Address lookup still broken

Post by Barleyman »

As demonstrated here

Barleyman wrote:Address lookup bug persists.

When I press tab:

I get pretty unexpected result:

Eero Sarlin's email domain is NOT ajat.fi. This is regression, 0.4 release works just fine with names that have commas.

and here

JSS3rd wrote:Here's another twist on the address lookup bug. I have traditionally entered addresses in the composition window by entering the two or three letter nickname assigned to the desired address. That worked fine, until recently. Now, if I enter "JS", which is assigned to my son Jeff, I get

Image, showing all entries in my address book with the initials JS.

If I hit the Tab key to go to the Subject line (without choosing one of the presented selections) I get

I really hope this gets fixed soon, as it's a royal PITA.

Please acknowledge? :(
--
Olli
asac

2 mouse (-gesture) issues

Post by asac »

Debian users posted 2 issues on mouse -gestures: They appear to be still there in the latest build on linux (from jschell)

1. when selecting 2 mail messages in a fast manner (first a click on the 1st message followed by a click on the 2nd message) the detailed message window opens (as if I made a double-click on a single entry).

The same for selecting two mail folders.

2. further moving the mouse directly after a message or mailfolder is selected results in an unexpected drag.
This often results in a bit annoying move of whole folders on my imap server.
Jubijub

Post by Jubijub »

could you explain more in depth the features you're working on about the junk mail feature ?

Does this mean we'll have to build a new training.dat file ?
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

mscott wrote:2) Fix for: If new email comes in while reading a message in the preview pane, the message scrolls back to the beginning.

Scott, how can you say there aren't many features? Yeah, most changes are bugfixes, but the above one alone will be such a relief, especially for those like me who are bombarded by spams. I'm so looking forward to TB 0.5.

Best,
Tsee
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance. - Socrates as quoted in Lives of Eminent Philosophers
JSS3rd

Post by JSS3rd »

Scott ...

I've posted several messages to you about these two items, but you've never responded. Could you please do so?
    1) The system tray notification icon really should disappear, not just when a message is opened, but also when a message is deleted without being opened, as in the case of obvious spam. At present, that doesn't happen.

2) When I include images in a message, if I don't want to use alternate text I'm required to select that option for each image I load. Why can't the selection be made to stick until changed?
And, of course, the address lookup bug is still with us, as addressed previously by both barleyman and me.

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5a (20040128), XP Pro SP-1
Jim
64-bit Win7 Pro SP1, 64-bit PM (Pale Moon) 27.8.2, 64-bit FF 59.0.2, 32-bit TB 52.7.0
Jeroen p

Post by Jeroen p »

JSS3rd wrote:And, of course, the address lookup bug is still with us, as addressed previously by both barleyman and me.

I compile my own linux version and I took the opportunity to make a fix for this address lookup problem. I'm not sure if this fix is necessary for Windows builds because I think (if I remember correctly) mscott has mode some changes to the Thunderbird code that are not checked in.

If you compile your own windows version you can change the file ./mozilla/mailnews/compose/resources/content/addressingWidgetOverlay.js

Code: Select all

line 1059: var fullNames;
line 1060:
line 1061: fullNames = addressText.split(',');
line 1063: numAddresses = fullNames.length;

to

Code: Select all

line 1059: var fullNames;
line 1060:
line 1061: newStr = addressText.replace(/.* >> (.*)/, "$1");
line 1062: addressText = newStr;
line 1063:
line 1064: re = /("[^"]*" \<[^\>]*\>|[^,]+)/g;
line 1065: fullNames = addressText.match(re);
line 1066: numAddresses = fullNames.length;

I hope this helps,
Jeroen
JSS3rd

Post by JSS3rd »

Jeroen wrote:I hope this helps,

Unfortunately not, as I don't compile my own builds. Scott claimed that he had fixed this bug in the 1-21 respin of the 1-20 build, but at least two of us still have it.

Most of the recurring problems with Tbird seem to be involved with IMAP, but I use POP3, and have had relatively few problems (other than the ones I've mentioned ... knock wood :D)
Jim
64-bit Win7 Pro SP1, 64-bit PM (Pale Moon) 27.8.2, 64-bit FF 59.0.2, 32-bit TB 52.7.0
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Running smoothly here.