Transfer Firefox bookmarks from one computer to another

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jimcoffey65

Transfer Firefox bookmarks from one computer to another

Post by jimcoffey65 »

How do you transfer bookmarks FF Ver 3.0 from one computer(WIN2k) to another(XP)? I know that the bookmarks.html file is hidden and I know where it is but when I transfer from WIN2K machine to the XP machine the old bookmarks are still there and not the one I want. Obviously I am not in the right spot.

Any help?

(email removed)

[edit]email removed. no mail support here but harvesting robots. trolly (moderator)[/edit]
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Re: Transfer Firefox bookmarks from one computer to another

Post by sciguyryan »

The bookmarks are no longer stored in the file you have listed above, in Firefox 3 and above they are stored in a file called places.sqlite and you can find that file in your profile folder. There are also automated solutions to do this, some of which are discussed here.
Cheers!

Ryan Jones

Post by Guest »

just 1 thing; not sure if it's win2k compatible
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

jimcoffey65 wrote:How do you transfer bookmarks FF Ver 3.0 from one computer(WIN2k) to another(XP)? I know that the bookmarks.html file is hidden and I know where it is but when I transfer from WIN2K machine to the XP machine the old bookmarks are still there and not the one I want. Obviously I am not in the right spot.

Export: Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>Import and Backup>Export HTML and export them to your desired directory.

Import: Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>Import and Backup>Import HTML and point it to the .html file you saved.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Mozilla> FireFox directory> (hidden in Linux .mozilla)> Firefox> default> places.sqlite...
Places.SQLite is the file that holds All your bookmarks... Very Cool!

Landis.
'Microsucks' made me nuts, Linux is making me crazy...
...at least with Linux, I can afford the therapy.. : )
openSuSE | KDE | enlightenment | mozilla Aurora 55 / Nightly 106 Konqueror /Opera/ Aurora Dev Ed | Now, down to Firefox 45 52 ESR as the 'new' direction... sxxxs!
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Thanks, Landis! Did you notice this thread was from June 2008? :D

Locking due to age.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.