aebrahim: Win32 2004-02-02 Nightly Build

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
aebrahim

aebrahim: Win32 2004-02-02 Nightly Build

Post by aebrahim »

These are all Trunk Builds.

I built Mozilla Firebird today from CVS with Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0.

Zip / Self Extracting EXE Build:
http://pryan.org/firebird/aebrahim/Mozi ... 040202.zip (6.45MB - zip)
http://pryan.org/firebird/aebrahim/Mozi ... 040202.exe (4.88MB - 7z sfx)

Installer Build:
http://pryan.org/firebird/aebrahim/Fire ... 040202.exe (6.17MB)

checkout start: Mon Feb 2 00:02:16 PST 2004

You can find a copy of these builds (and my older builds) on pryan's mirror:
http://pryan.org/firebird/aebrahim

My .mozconfig is as follows:

. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-optimize
ac_add_options --enable-static
ac_add_options --disable-shared
ByTor201

Post by ByTor201 »

Just a quick thank you. I went as far as downloading the installer version and aside from the known installer bugs, everything is working fine.
Carson

Question

Post by Carson »

I'm installing it now; many thanks.

A question, Mr. Ebrahim: I've looked at recent postings about optimization, but most of it is over my head. I'm used to using your optimized builds, but I assume this one is not optimized. Should I expect to notice a difference? [My system, below.] This will be the 4th Aebrahim build I'm running concurrently at the moment.
Main box XP32 and XP64, using FF 3.6, K-Meleon, IE8, and OffByOne.
This is a home-built AMD Athlon x2 5600+, 8GB GSkill @ 800, 1.7TB on 4 SATAs, 3 ODD. No gaming; just a workhorse
Others in home Eee 901 with XP32 SP3; also Asus F3T with Vista
Mistbird

Post by Mistbird »

Thanks for the build. :)
Thy Bird of Flame Shall Rise,
Thou Shall Feel thy fiery flames.
aebrahim

Re: Question

Post by aebrahim »

Carson wrote:I'm installing it now; many thanks.

A question, Mr. Ebrahim: I've looked at recent postings about optimization, but most of it is over my head. I'm used to using your optimized builds, but I assume this one is not optimized. Should I expect to notice a difference? [My system, below.] This will be the 4th Aebrahim build I'm running concurrently at the moment.

This build is still optimised, but just not to the processor specific level. You can expect that performance may not be as good as some of the builds which are optimised for specific processors.
fizz

Post by fizz »

im on a Penium M laptop, and this actually performs a bit better than some of the other builds ive tried.
Kudos to You! :)
fizz

Post by fizz »

Also, as a suggestion, instead if starting a new topic like you were doing, just update info in first post, this way you keep all info related to your thread.
Carson

Post by Carson »

Thanks for your reply, Mr. Ebrahim. I'm running a heavy multi-task system this morning; all seems well.
MErnst

Post by MErnst »

aebrahim wrote:This build is still optimised, but just not to the processor specific level. You can expect that performance may not be as good as some of the builds which are optimised for specific processors.

aebrahim, will these be your standard builds now or will you also continue building optimized builds using the VS.NET 2003 platform?
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

MErnst wrote:aebrahim, will these be your standard builds now or will you also continue building optimized builds using the VS.NET 2003 platform?

While the Win32 build machine appears to be down, I'll try and provide these (since otherwise no installer gets built at all by anyone). I'm not going to make daily processor optimised builds. I will however probably make processor optimised builds every time something significant is checked in that is likely to affect the user experience.

Regarding 0.8, I'm not likely to make optimised builds for it, because I think most of the people who use my other builds have already moved onto the trunk and are not likely to regress back onto the branch.
DurianCS

Post by DurianCS »

aebrahim wrote:Regarding 0.8, I'm not likely to make optimised builds for it, because I think most of the people who use my other builds have already moved onto the trunk and are not likely to regress back onto the branch.

Yes, indeed. Waiting for the branch took too long, and the trunk gives very satisfying builds.
Thanks for your contribution (glad you're back).

CS
Durian, King of Fruits
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8a6) Gecko/20041227 Firefox/1.0+ (bangbang023)
TB version 1.0 (20041225)
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Glad you're back

Post by joeg »

DurianCS wrote:Thanks for your contribution (glad you're back).

I second the thought.

I've been using the "official" branch builds for awhile, but I'm back on the Ebrahim bandwagon. This is really nice. Thanks Mr. E.

Joe
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
DamianMoran

Post by DamianMoran »

I'll start building again if it would help any aebrahim, not been in the game for ages.. plus not tried building on this 3000+ yet (should be a bit faster). No idea of the flags for installer builds though?
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

DamianMoran wrote:I'll start building again if it would help any aebrahim, not been in the game for ages.. plus not tried building on this 3000+ yet (should be a bit faster). No idea of the flags for installer builds though?

Right now I think I have the nightly/installer builds covered. Though if you want to build install builds, you can find the info here:
1. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird/build.html
2. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebir ... build.html

Remember that you must use VC6 to build the installer otherwise it will not work on systems without the correct C/C++ runtimes installed (which is most systems).
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

fizz wrote:Also, as a suggestion, instead if starting a new topic like you were doing, just update info in first post, this way you keep all info related to your thread.

I prefer new topics for each set of builds, because it makes it easier for me to read all the build threads for a day and determine if anyone has reported regressions.