aebrahim: Win32 2004-02-02 Nightly Build

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

Jesse wrote:
fizz wrote:Also, as a suggestion, instead if starting a new topic like you were doing, just update info in first post, this way you keep all info related to your thread.

I prefer new topics for each set of builds, because it makes it easier for me to read all the build threads for a day and determine if anyone has reported regressions.

Me too. I find that the build threads that get used over and over again can sometimes be difficult to parse through because its not always clear who is using which day's build. I'll probably continue to post new threads for my builds each day.
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

aebrahim wrote:
Jesse wrote:
fizz wrote:Also, as a suggestion, instead if starting a new topic like you were doing, just update info in first post, this way you keep all info related to your thread.

I prefer new topics for each set of builds, because it makes it easier for me to read all the build threads for a day and determine if anyone has reported regressions.

Me too. I find that the build threads that get used over and over again can sometimes be difficult to parse through because its not always clear who is using which day's build. I'll probably continue to post new threads for my builds each day.

...me three. :wink:
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Question... Has the new .xpi install interface been backported from the trunk to the branch yet?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I like new posts as well. I sometimes see the date of the thread, and don't bother reading it. Or sometimes, I have to next through pages of old reviews for a build which no longer exists and has been superceded.

The old post will not go completely away, but if it is outdated, just let that build thread die and move forward with what's current.
Simplex

Re: Question

Post by Simplex »

aebrahim wrote:Regarding 0.8, I'm not likely to make optimised builds for it, because I think most of the people who use my other builds have already moved onto the trunk and are not likely to regress back onto the branch.

I'd really, really like to see a VS6 optimized (however you deem best -- I trust you) version of the 0.8 milestone, once it comes out (next Monday?). I hope you didn't mean you wouldn't optimize the milestone (off the branch). I use milestones here at home, and nightlies at work, but for here at home I'd like to use an optimized version for a long time.