Rebuilding TBE's featureset with other plugins

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Paradox52525 wrote:I was thinking either an OpenTabAt, or MoveTabTo type thing [...]

miniT 0.7.0.6/tablib 0.7.0.0 provides a moveTabTo(aTab, aIndex) now (miniT-drag already had it). You could either include the tablib code in your extension (like miniT) or call "if(window.tablib) tablib.init();" in your load handler to support it.

tablib doesn't do anything if there already is a moveTabTo, so there shouldn't be a problem to support both miniT/tablib and TBE.
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

Ahh this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. By adding tablib's code into MozFBRH I can open tabs to the left/right of current without TBE now. Very nice work on that dorando. I wasn't aware of tablib until you mentioned it in that post, but it looks like it may be the most promising solution so far for people who want to use TBE features in their extensions without dependencies on TBE or other extensions. Does it have it's own project page or the like? As a TBE user I don't really keep up on MiniT developement well, but I would like to keep up on tablib.
rue

Post by rue »

dorando:
Have you checked tablib against Seamonkey?
(ps: and since I just remembered: could you post conflictKeys somewhere?)
clav

Post by clav »

noborders wrote:
gdeka wrote:The only thing i really use TBE for is the X on each tab, can this be done someother way, other than that TBP fills my needs

I'm in the same exact situation as gdeka. I NEED the "close tab" button on each tab. And I would love for this functionality to be possible without TBE

I'm making an extension to do just this right now :)

I need a name for it though...
clav

Post by clav »

done!

Tab X - adds a close button to each tab.

The appearance of the close buttons could probably be improved. Currently they look like toolbarbuttons.

download should be available in about half an hour
rue

Developer Wars! (junkyard edition)

Post by rue »

clav:
For the record: how long did it take? :P
clav

Post by clav »

about 45 minutes :)

most of the time was spent wondering why the button was not reacting to events, and eventually solving it by adding a display="xul:tab" attribute to the <binding/> element in the XBL. gotta love the completely undocumented XBL display attribute.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

I've edited my first post in this thread with infomation and tips I learnt throuout this threads existance. I'd appreciate it if you people had a read and let me know if there's something I should add, or change.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Paradox52525 wrote:By adding tablib's code into MozFBRH I can open tabs to the left/right of current without TBE now.

I hope it works... :roll:

Paradox52525 wrote:I wasn't aware of tablib until you mentioned it in that post

You couldn't be, since it wasn't there (except in miniT-drag)... :P

Paradox52525 wrote:Does it have it's own project page or the like?

Nope, not yet.

rue wrote:Have you checked tablib against Seamonkey?

Actually not since I don't use SeaMonkey... I'll look later what would need to be changed (at least the overlay would).

rue wrote:could you post conflictKeys somewhere?

I originally gave the wrong impression that I had a working implementation of your idea, sorry.
What I had was a simple script which would read a pref and modify the keys accordingly, but without an UI that isn't really helpful.
IGAU

Post by IGAU »

Forgive me if I have missed something, but do any of the extensions mentioned in this thread allow "Reload All Tabs", like TBE does?
c∂n

Post by c∂n »

that's already in Fb [ I only have TBP ]
IGAU

Post by IGAU »

My bad :) I feel stupid now, but I've only ever used Firebird with TBE up until recently. :s
djk

more extensions:

Post by djk »

TychoQuad wrote:I've edited my first post in this thread with infomation and tips I learnt throuout this threads existance. I'd appreciate it if you people had a read and let me know if there's something I should add, or change.

Maybe you should also note 2 tab-related extensions that have TBE features:
FLST (Focus Last Selected Tab) and Tabwarning, both at http://gorgias.de/mfe/

David
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

I thought i'd only mention extensions which had been requested in this thread, along with tweaks that had been requested. My post would kinda get longer and even more boring if i crammed every tab-related extension in there. I did link to the tab section of extension room to direct anyone who wasn't statisfied with the extensions i described. I might add them later when i start to feel bored :P
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

I think those two extensions should be listed in the first post because they are alternative extensions to use instead of TBE and that's the point of this thread. Listing *all* tab related extensions would be ridiculous though.
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3