miniT 20110327

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Old miahz

very weird bug

Post by Old miahz »

ok, dragging/reordering tabs seems to work fine. but dragging tabs and dropping them on the tab bar of a different window does not, and yields apparently unpredictable results.

- dragging a tab and dropping it in the document area of a different window works as you might expect - like dropping a url/link. but often i want to move a tab to a different window and have it open in a new tab, so normally i would do the following:
- dragging the site icon in the url bar to either a blank spot on the tab bar or the tab close button in a different window, will open the url in a new tab (notice that it does actually *load* the url) at the end of the bar. since i'm used to dragging tabs now, i tried using the tabs instead:
- dragging a tab to the tab bar of a different window will *copy* a tab with session history to a new tab in the window. but which tab/session it is i don't know. it's apparently a session randomly created from a previously opened tab, but not necessarily one that's currently open in either window.

it's weird. i don't quite get it. version 0.7.0.5
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Dorando, Thanks for the fix, seems to work nicely now! I look forward to crash free browsing!

miahz, dragging onto different windows is not supported, as said earlier on in this thread (or somewhere else i read...)
Old miahz

Post by Old miahz »

ah yes, i see that now. in the very first post.
dorando wrote:Notes:
Dragging tabs to the tab bar of another window does cause problems.
i guess i skimmed over it or something. woops. it gets kinda hard to keep track when these threads get so many pages long.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

dorando

Post by dorando »

miniT, miniT-drag, and tablib updated. See first post.
Gort

Post by Gort »

Firstly, great extension. :) However, one problem that I just discovered while using miniT 0.8.0.0 is that if you open a blank tab, then drag another tab into the URL bar, Firefox crashes. If the tab has content in it, then there won't be a crash. Just thought you ought to know about this.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040217 Firefox/0.8.0+
dorando

Post by dorando »

This seems to be caused by the fix for Bug 176675, but it also happens without miniT (just drag anything to a blank urlbar).
johnleemk

Post by johnleemk »

I just noticed that scrolling tabs in Fire* nightlies on Linux makes my system unstable(although I think it's my hardware. It's taken a lot of beatings) with miniT 0.7.07.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b) Gecko/20050205 Firefox/1.0+
Warduke

Post by Warduke »

When I stopped using TBE and started using TBP with Firefox 0.8. One of the things that I missed from TBE was the ability to open bookmarks in the background with middleclick.

I was very happy to see that miniT has that ability. I just downloaded it and everything works great. But one thing it does that I don't like is using the scroll wheel to switch between tabs on the tab bar. I hate that. Is there any way (about:config) to turn this off?
Firefox : One Browser to Rule Them All.
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Easier said than done but you can edit the content/minit/minit.xul in the jar file and comment out the tab scrolling section. With all these features being implemented into miniT, we're gonna need an options dialog soon. ;)
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
Warduke

Post by Warduke »

How do I do that?
mai9

Post by mai9 »

chuonthis wrote:Easier said than done but you can edit the content/minit/minit.xul in the jar file and comment out the tab scrolling section. With all these features being implemented into miniT, we're gonna need an options dialog soon. ;)

what's a better solution, to have an options dialog or split the extension so people install what they need?

for TBE experience is probably better to have one feature extensions.
dorando

Post by dorando »

0.8.0.1 - Closing a tab if there were more than ten tabs could've caused the tab left of the current to be selected. If the mouse left the tab area while dragging then tab reordering didn't work.

johnleemk wrote:I just noticed that scrolling tabs in Fire* nightlies on Linux makes my system unstable(although I think it's my hardware. It's taken a lot of beatings) with miniT 0.7.07.

Everything seems fine for me, does it still happen?

Warduke wrote:How do I do that?

Open chrome/minit.jar/content/minit.xul (in your profile; .jar is like .zip) and remove lines below "// tab bar scrolling".

chuonthis wrote:With all these features being implemented into miniT, we're gonna need an options dialog soon. ;)

:roll:, well, I consider only the "switching tabs via keyboard shortcuts during pageload" a new feature (which is 38 chars long), anything else should've been so from the start on. :P
Also there isn't anything else planned currently, except a few prefs and adding the drop indicator to the default.

mai9 wrote:for TBE experience is probably better to have one feature extensions.

miniT is relatively small, but there wouldn't be a problem to do that if it is really wanted.
Gort

Post by Gort »

Is 0.8.0.1 up? All I can find is the previous version.
Warduke

Post by Warduke »

dorando wrote:
Warduke wrote:How do I do that?

Open chrome/minit.jar/content/minit.xul (in your profile; .jar is like .zip) and remove lines below "// tab bar scrolling".

I tried that, it doesn't do anything. After editing it, I save it and then when I check it again, it's still there.