Multicolumn bug in Firefox 3

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
Gary King

Multicolumn bug in Firefox 3

Post by Gary King »

If you go to a Wikipedia article that has multiple columns in the References section, such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_A ... _Flight_77 in Firefox 3, and then you refresh it, then the bottom of the page should be cut off. Do a hard refresh again to see how the bottom of the page is supposed to appear.

Has this bug been reported yet? If not, then I guess I will report it, unless someone who is more familiar with Bugzilla is willing to do so :)

Some screenshots (NOT made by me) depicting the issue:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... enshot.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... nation.png
Last edited by Gary King on June 24th, 2008, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James

Re: Multicolumn bug in Firefox 3

Post by James »

Seems fine for me on Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1pre) Gecko/2008062404 GranParadiso/3.0.1pre
Gary King

Post by Gary King »

James wrote:Seems fine for me on Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1pre) Gecko/2008062404 GranParadiso/3.0.1pre

I have added screenshots to the first post. Please check them out to make sure that's not how it appears for you.

My specs are Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008061004 Firefox/3.0, while another user is using Firefox 3.0 on Windows Vista.
James

Post by James »

I get the External links and below on first load, even with clearing private data. The star stays put and end of article is still there when clicking on [Article]

You need to update your forum signature as it has 3.0b5 there when the UA of the browser you used to post with is in bottom right.
Gary King

Post by Gary King »

Are you using a nightly? Maybe the next version will solve this, then.
James

Post by James »

Yes I am using the 1.9.0.x Branch nightlies as the unstable Trunk nightlies for 3.1 is something I do not really feel like using much at the moment despite having used thousands of nightlies over time.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

I don't see any problems here either using 3.1a1pre builds. The only thing that is strange is that at the bottom where the columns of references are listed I only see 2 columns, not 3 as shown in the screen shots. Perhaps the image was capped from a wide-screen monitor ?
Gary King

Post by Gary King »

Littlemutt wrote:I don't see any problems here either using 3.1a1pre builds. The only thing that is strange is that at the bottom where the columns of references are listed I only see 2 columns, not 3 as shown in the screen shots. Perhaps the image was capped from a wide-screen monitor ?

Nope, it was changed recently to 2 columns because if it is 3 or more then the problems I described above will occur. If it's 2 or less, then they won't, for some reason.