Calander for Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
markloessi

Calander for Thunderbird

Post by markloessi »

Hello, I've downloaded the calendar extension and it seems to work fine in the Firebird Browser BUT not at all in the Thunderbird E-mail software. Am I missing something with regard to its operation. The info on the site makes it sound like it works in both.
Mark S. Loessi
radgie

Post by radgie »

Calendar works fine in Thunderbird for me. You need to have installed JsLib in Thunderbird for it to work though IIRC
May We Live In Interesting Times
To Wives And Sweethearts. And Shall Never The Two Meet
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

As long as you get the correcr download, itwill work in TB ok. Check the calander page.
User-Agent: Thunderbird/2.0 Alpha 1 0808

Jabber IM:XeF6@jabber.org
RodWilliams

Calendar.

Post by RodWilliams »

I havecome across this. The calendar can be added to either firebird or thunderbird. I believe the two are slightly different but I have installed both successfully. Make sure you have added the appropriate calendar for Tbird. As far as I know you can'synchronise them easily. Best bet is Mozilla 1.6 for that.
markloessi

Post by markloessi »

Do I need to do something particular to have TB recognize I've got the thing installed.
Regarding the correct download - I only see one download for the Calendar regardless of whether you are using TB or Firebird
Thanks,
Mark S. Loessi
Walter, guest

Post by Walter, guest »

You might have Quick Tools extension to start calendar from Thunderbird.
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/download.html look at the bottom of that page for the correct TB calendar package.

Calander at least for me on windows adds a menu item in the tools menu
User-Agent: Thunderbird/2.0 Alpha 1 0808

Jabber IM:XeF6@jabber.org
markloessi

Post by markloessi »

Gadzooks how did I miss those instructions at the bottom. Thanks for all the attention. Working like a charm.
Mark S. Loessi

Post by Guest »

radgie wrote:Calendar works fine in Thunderbird for me. You need to have installed JsLib in Thunderbird for it to work though IIRC

I have download it, how do you run it? I can not see any button for that

Getting the Calendar going

Post by Guest »

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/download.html

I had the same problem. If you look at the bottom of this page it will tell you how to get the thing going.

Calendar

Post by Guest »

I have download the Calendar application for Thundermail but I can't install it under extentions....what extention should it have and where this file located?

Post by Guest »

I feel stupid here, but I am having the same basic problem.
I am running Thunderbird 0.6 and am not able to get the Calendar Extension to work.

I downloaded from the Downloads page "Calendar for Mozillla Thunderbird" From the Linux Line the "Nightly Build" link since that was under the 0.6 column.

When I install it into Thunderbird (using install extension), it appears to install.
I exit Thunderbird and re-start.
The calendar link appears under Tools, and it does open up a window that looks like a calendar, but there is no data shown.

When I try to click any of the buttons or use the drop-down menus, there is absolutely no visible response. The window just stays the same.

If I try the "File -->Close Window" command, the entire Thunderbird client exits.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?

Post by Guest »

Sorry - Just realized I left off one piece of important data, I am on RedHat 9 linux for x86.
mommajoan

Post by mommajoan »

Try switching themes.

I was getting the same blank grey page with the calendar
in Thunderbird using the Mostly Crystal theme. As soon as
I went back to the default or iCandyJr. themes all worked ok.

You can also open View>Toolbars>Customize and drag the
calendar icon to your toolbar if you want to.

Hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

I'm looking and I am still using the default "Mozilla Thunderbird" theme that is the only one availiable when you first install the Mail Client.

I'm not sure we are seeing the same thing. When I click on Calendar, I get the Calendar window up.
It has a menu bar with "File, Edit, View, Go, Tools, Help"
It has a Frame with a mini-calendar in it and two tabs "Calendar" and "Calendars"
It has a Tasks Frame with an empty list
It has the Events selection dropdown with an empty list of events.
The big frame shows 6 rows of 7 columns with a "W" before each Row.
However the big graph there shows no data. (No dates or anything)

For kicks I also tried installing the "2004-04-08" linux build that is meant for TB-0.5, and got the exact same behaviour.

Is there any kind of log file that might show what is going on here?