new install get iis error on to pay my Comcast bill ---FIXED

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
KrisM2

new install get iis error on to pay my Comcast bill ---FIXED

Post by KrisM2 »

When I click to log in, I get
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access.

Please try the following:

* Contact the Web site administrator if you believe that this request should be allowed.
* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.

HTTP Error 405 - The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 405.
* Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Setting Application Mappings, Securing Your Site with Web Site Permissions, and About Custom Error Messages.

It works fine under IE6

New XPSP2 slipstream install.

Where did I screw up???
(clearing cookies, clearing cash, repairing connection did not help)

:locked:

tia!!!
Kristi
Last edited by KrisM2 on January 28th, 2008, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- ThinkPad P15s-Gen1-20T4-002KUS, i7-10510U, UEFI/GPT, 16GB, Sammy 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2.
- others -
-laserjets: HP M254dw color, HP P1606dn. Epson Perfection 2480 flatbed scanner -
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can try Live Http Headers extension to check the response headers.
KrisM2

Post by KrisM2 »

dickvl wrote:You can try Live Http Headers extension to check the response headers.

Thanks for your reply!

I got:
https://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerCentral.html

POST /Corporate/Customers/CustomerCentral.html HTTP/1.1
Host: www.comcast.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: https://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Custo ... ntral.html
Cookie: UserID=$$$; TLTSID=$$$; TLTHID=$$$
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 106
submit.x=46&submit.y=17&submit=submit&FormType=1&SsoGuid=&userName=$$$&password=$$$
HTTP/1.x 405 Method Not Allowed
Allow: OPTIONS, TRACE, GET, HEAD
Content-Length: 1564
Content-Type: text/html
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Set-Cookie: TLTHID=$$$; domain=.comcast.com; path=/
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 00:09:43 GMT
Connection: close
----------------------------------------------------------
https://www.comcast.com/favicon.ico

GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1
Host: www.comcast.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
Accept: image/png,*/*;q=0.5
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive
Cookie: UserID=$$$; TLTSID=$$$; TLTHID=$$$

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
Content-Length: 1406
Content-Type: image/x-icon
Last-Modified: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 06:57:23 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Etag: "ac33569d3a18c71:243"
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Set-Cookie: TLTHID=$$$; domain=.comcast.com; path=/
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 00:09:43 GMT
Connection: close
----------------------------------------------------------

it doesn't mean anything to me. I do not have IIS on this system - never have. fwiw, FF worked fine on the last creation which I had to abandon as I had gone through too many mobos on it, and it was confused.

tia!!!
-- ThinkPad P15s-Gen1-20T4-002KUS, i7-10510U, UEFI/GPT, 16GB, Sammy 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2.
- others -
-laserjets: HP M254dw color, HP P1606dn. Epson Perfection 2480 flatbed scanner -
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Firefox is sending a form (Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded) via the POST method and the server only allows OPTIONS, TRACE, GET, HEAD requests.

You could try this bookmarklet to convert POST forms to GET forms, maybe it works:
https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets ... tml#frmget
KrisM2

Post by KrisM2 »

Thanks - dragged the bookmarklet, clicked on it and it said it changed 3 things to get, clicked on sign in and it just re-flashed the same page. clicked on sign in again and got the original error.

Dunno. I've found that it works under Netscape9 so there's no crisis, simply a minor pita once a month. It would scare me badly to have to use IE for it!!!
- others -
KrisM2

Post by KrisM2 »

was thinking about this error, plowing through about:com , and wondered what would happen if I temporarily shut adblock plus off.

FIXED IT! Logs in fine.

Now the question is why? there is nothing in the filterset that says comcast and everything in the "blockable list for that page says comcast.

?

tia!

EDIT, after a bit of playing it would appear that Comcast's desire to prevent an automated logon, conflicts with the ff autofill. or at least that's part of the problem. In any case I can easily get around it by
1. puting @@comcast in as an exception to adblock.
2. using login manager extension to fill in the correct values, but NOT auto start it. If I then click on GO or whatever it is, it works just fine.

it's interesting that with an entry in autofill (passwords), and with the @@comcast exception, the username and password is first filled in, and then blanked. Typing it again works fine.

Too many cooks in there!!!
- others -
ernest spears

4Fcv6zwo

Post by ernest spears »

I need to pay my bill online,but everthing that was asked me, It was always wrong.

Re: new install get iis error on to pay my Comcast bill ---FIXED

Post by Guest »

I need to pay my bill online, but never could get the right support.
ernest spears

Re: 4Fcv6zwo

Post by ernest spears »

ernest spears wrote:I need to pay my bill online,but everthing that was asked me, It was always wrong.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

ernest,

This ain't IRC, sometimes you might need to wait a few hours for an intelligent answer, but to get that you need to compose an intelligent question with a few details like which version of Firefox your problems pertains to and which website your problem is at.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
KrisM2

Post by KrisM2 »

erm, this thread is 6 months old.

Start a new thread! or like the edmeister said, tell us something more than "it's broke".
- others -
bevbec753

Post by bevbec753 »

kristiQ wrote:erm, this thread is 6 months old.

Start a new thread! or like the edmeister said, tell us something more than "it's broke".
I checked my email this morning and this username is what the said I WAS TO USE.
bevbec753

Post by bevbec753 »

Anonymous wrote:
kristiQ wrote:erm, this thread is 6 months old.

I checked my email this morning and this username is what the said I WAS TO USE.
I am trying one more time to get to my account to pay my bill. thanks
crazee_canuck

*sigh*

Post by crazee_canuck »

bevbec753 wrote:
Anonymous wrote: checked my email this morning and this username is what the said I WAS TO USE.
I am trying one more time to get to my account to pay my bill. thanks

This is not Comcast technical support, this is Mozillazine.

If you're having problems paying your bill using Internet Explorer, contact Comcast here <<<<-------
steviex

Post by steviex »

OK.. Try clearing your Cache and Cookies....

Are you trying to use Firefox to pay the bill, or IE ?? You are posting with IE.
We do not give help for IE here, as we are a Mozilla Site, and this is a Support Forum for Firefox..

If you are using Firefox, please give more Detail.... My Crystal Ball is at the Repair shop (again)
If you are using IE, go to Microsoft and Comcast.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.